OK how I got some of my guitars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goober

Reaction score
OK here is how I got some of my guitars. Family found them. They know nothing about guitars. Nothing. Here is a example of how I got one of my guitars. I went to Guitar Center to get another guitar. I just so happen to be with my dad. I'm in my 40's. He saw hanging in the used department the Italia single cut. I went to look at at and we found out the price. Guess what he bought it for me. Free to me. :headbanger:

I found out about the models or brands online. And then got info from people like you. Then I went and found one.:applause:

Christmas presents. I was asked what I wanted for Christmas. I said a guitar. So family bought me one. But they set the price point. So I picked one out. And guess what they bought it. :applause:

One day my father again found a guitar at a Flea Market. Told me about it so I went to look at it. So I got it. My dad bought it for me. Free.:applause::headbanger:

So the point is family sometimes find me a unique guitar and I get it. And remember they know nothing about guitars. :dunno:

matthew bear

Reaction score
Getting cool stuff from family is awesome. I
Know my parents went ham on drum stuff when I was a teen... my set was getting into Neil Peart territory :laugh2:

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Alright Goober, I have this guitar I know nothing about. It's a real beauty and I believe handcrafted. Since you're new around here I'll let you have it for $500 if you pay the shipping.

estaban.jpg

Goober

Reaction score
Getting cool stuff from family is awesome. I
Know my parents went ham on drum stuff when I was a teen... my set was getting into Neil Peart territory :laugh2:
Yes I know. Like I said some of my gear came from them.

LP121

Reaction score
Cool. Glad you were able to start to build a collection.

Goober

Reaction score
A lot of people will say your parents still buy you guitars as as old as you are? All I get is socks. I will say yes they will get me a guitar or a amplifier. I got 3 amplifiers from them. Not all at the same time. Dose your sister or brother buy you gear? I have no sister or brothers.

So yes family buys me gear once in a while.

LP1865

Reaction score
A lot of people will say your parents still buy you guitars as as old as you are? All I get is socks. I will say yes they will get me a guitar or a amplifier. I got 3 amplifiers from them. Not all at the same time. Dose your sister or brother buy you gear? I have no sister or brothers.

So yes family buys me gear once in a while.
Nothing to be ashamed about

electric head

Just passing thru
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Goober

Next time I go to the music store can I bring your family along..
heck I will even spring for lunch

Nothing wrong with family buying you things
Hell most people would not even admit that..

Goober

Reaction score
Hey Goober

Next time I go to the music store can I bring your family along..
heck I will even spring for lunch

Nothing wrong with family buying you things
Hell most people would not even admit that..
Why? If you father said you get a guitar or amp under 500 what would you get new or used? I try to get quality and expensive used. Or something unusual.

I Break Things

Reaction score
Same here. My mom knows nothing about guitars, and my dad knows very little. He was a drummer. They'll find something neat or ask me about something and end up buying it. Pretty cool. My folks are pretty awesome like that, and they're cool in a little of other ways too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads