Ohm Rating

rocknhorse1

Reaction score
The Scumbacks are the closest thing to the original mid to late 60's Celestion tone. The M75 is the Pre-Rola G12M clone (green back) and the H75 is the Pre-Rola G12H clone. They also do the H55 which is the Pre-Rola G12H with a 55hz bass cone (this is the speaker Hedrix used at Woodstock). These are the best I have heard for "that" tone.
I run both, the H75, and H55 in a 2 X 12, and I also run the H75 with the Scumnico, which is the G12 alnico clone (like Clapton had on the Beano album). Both of those combinations sound stellar.

Chondropython

Reaction score
The quality of a sourmash cab will FAR surpass the quality of a marshall. With the marshall you will be pushing twice as much air as the 212 but I personally love the look and sound of a low 212 setup. Easy and compact but can still sound HUGE.

Jake

Does this have to do with the materials used? Are Marshall cabs not 100% birch-plywood?

JCM900MkIII

Reaction score
For the record, Class 5 doesn't mind a different load than what it is rated for.

You can use 4, 8 or 16 Ohm without damaging it.
I wouldn't do that with a Plexi though. So pick a cab that is wired for the Plexi you allways wanted and you are good to go.

I'm not pulling that stuff about the Class 5 out of my ass. The designer/engineer (Steve D.) that made the Class 5 posts on the Marshall Vintage Modern Forums and assured us nothing negative will happen to your C5 if you missmatch.

Rock on!!! :dude:

P.S. Not 100% sure about the head, since it has the impedance switch.
I'll pop the question on the MVM Forums.

Chondropython

Reaction score
The head does not have a switch... there are separate jacks for 8 & 16.

JCM900MkIII

Reaction score
Ugh... I was dreaming and didn't pay enough attention, sorry guys. :facepalm:
Only applies to the combo version...

Latest Threads