Ohhh sweet Lord who would do this??? (SiIverburst Abuse - be warned)

Reaction score
I once saw a ‘70s Les Paul Artisian w/ 3 Humbuckers and fancy inlay work converted to a 12 string with extra tuners added to 6 string headstock and a Bigsby- Awful

martin H

Reaction score
What is an 82 custom with a refinish worth? How much will it cost to get this one re-finished? Did they sand into the top when removing the finish? Add up the numbers and I'd say it's worth $1,800-2,000.

60'svibe

Reaction score
Yikes that "refin" job is too weird, man. never should have done it. If you wanted a basic "canvas" to do a "psychedelic" paintjob, to wit: THE FOOL's work for Clapton you should buy a LP Tribute with the plain Honeyburst top and go nuts on that one.
LP14.jpg

Less-is-Paul

Reaction score
This is probably one of the signature Adam Jones Silverburst's from the Sweetwater truck heist! Dude got tired of looking over his shoulder and decided to make it look "unrecognizable"!

1all's Pub

Reaction score
As a big fan of SBs, this both saddens and sickens me! :confused:

Some folks are dumber than a bag of hammers! :facepalm:

zdoggie

Reaction score
the silver burst finish always looked gloomy to me and the pseudo tone of todays pickups always made me skip any thought of buy ing that flavor however the art work on this particular guitar may be a shot in the chops of gibson guitar co.
wow man what a hoot !!!!!
zdog

E.T.

Reaction score
Well.. with a top carve as flat as a trapper keeper it was only so long before someone turned some Norlin or other into one :cool2:

captdan61

Reaction score
HEATHENS!!!
I remember the late 70s when these days came out I had a chance to buy a brand new one he was sitting next to the 1980 Les Paul that with black that I did and I just couldn't get into it was too weird but forty years later kind of like the fender Antigua. The colors of changed a little bit with the yellowing or amberina of the lacquer and I kind of like them I'm not the one about though

Latest Threads