Ohhh sweet Lord who would do this??? (SiIverburst Abuse - be warned)

Escher

Reaction score
$4500????? I'd offer maybe $1k if the top carve is still ok and I could refinish it.... the horror!!
messed-up-silverburst-1.jpg
messed-up-silverburst-2.jpg

Escher

Reaction score
I feel a thread merge in your future.

Dangit.... I had a sneaking suspicion that something this fugly would have already been posted.... Mods - feel free to delete this thread...

workerunit

Reaction score
$4500????? I'd offer maybe $1k if the top carve is still ok and I could refinish it.... the horror!! View attachment 534194 View attachment 534195

Tertiary syphilis is a hell of a bad disease.....

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Reaction score
Yeah. Should be nominated for Ugly Guitar of the Year.

YET, someone will love it just the same...

moreles

Reaction score
Ugly silverburst becomes modded into very much uglier non-artistic abomination. From bad to worse. You can tell it's a lazy, thoughtless "design" by noticing that the work was done only on the most easy to reach places. I don't like silverbursts at all, and the older ones wioth yellowed clearcoats are especially cheesy, but why not preserve it for someone who does like the original finish, and do that crap "art" (which isn't really art) on something else? Like a sheet of paper you can throw away, as it deserves? I love the "too cool" description. What nimrod wrote that?

diogoguitar

Reaction score
hahaha - I actually had the exact same thought!
I think silverburst is awesome when it's new, but I'm not a fan of the big yellowed dark drop.
honestly if I were the owner, i'd just refinish in something cool, like a bullseye or something

Latest Threads