Oh FFS can dixie please stay down in dixie?

Crotch

Triggered
Premium Member
Reaction score
The KFC double down was something to really behold

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Tried the "Chicken and Waffles" thing.

Tried really hard to like it.

Just can't get used to sweets around my chicken. Nope.
We hit Roscoes in Pasadena any time we're in the area in the morning, and the one in Anaheim on the way to Riflegear or my optometrist.

But we don't eat them together... The chicken is too freaking hot, so we move it aside, butter up the waffles, pour all of the syrup on, and chow down.
By the time the waffles are gone, the chicken is cool enough to eat.

Mixed, or even bite of one bite of the other... no... that doesn't work.
But I'm a "structured eater" and generally finish each item in sequence... usually starting with what is coolest or doesn't retain heat, and finishing with what will be the hottest.
So it's fries or tater tots before a burger... but mashed potatoes after the steak.

And woe be unto my wife if she lets the mashed taters overlap the green beans!

She's joked about buying NOS TV-Dinner trays for me.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Reaction score
Tried the "Chicken and Waffles" thing.

Tried really hard to like it.

Just can't get used to sweets around my chicken. Nope.

And no matter where food from the South travels to, Edro is very, very certain that there's nothing to see down there. Just pass it by, ignore all exits and off ramps. There's simply nothing to see in the South down 'bama way. Just ask @ehb .

In this modern day and age, one can enjoy all the wonders of Southern cooking, sightseeing and anything else pertaining to the South by never, ever going down there. It's on TV, it's in the supermarket freezer, it's in the restaurants.

Just keep driving. Nothing to see there, move along.

I fail to understand why shit always get blamed on us down here.... We didn't start that doughnut burger or chicken and waffles stuff....

We're big on biscuits down here for breakfast.... We ain't real hip on sweets for breakfast... There are some infiltrators that got in before the quarantine hit... That is the IHOP'ers....

Yep, we're still on lockdown in Bama. Stay away.... We're fightin' TWO alien invasions on top of the plague. We don't even have Netflix or nothing...
So stay away!

As far as hushpuppies, if you just wake up one morning and think "I think I'd like to get my ass kicked today", messing with somebody making hushpuppies will get your ass kicked for you.... quick, fast, and in a hurry.... Never mess with a redneck artist at work... Wanna get kilt? That's how you get kilt.

Oh hell, that damn volcano just blew again.... Y'all better just stay as far away as possible.... It ain't safe here.... We're closed.

:cool2:

Rando375

Premium Member
Reaction score
But we don't eat them together... The chicken is too freaking hot, so we move it aside, butter up the waffles, pour all of the syrup on, and chow down.
By the time the waffles are gone, the chicken is cool enough to eat.

Mixed, or even bite of one bite of the other... no... that doesn't work.
But I'm a "structured eater" and generally finish each item in sequence... usually starting with what is coolest or doesn't retain heat, and finishing with what will be the hottest.
So it's fries or tater tots before a burger... but mashed potatoes after the steak.

Absolutely. No mixing and when foods hot, play times over

Last edited:

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
I fail to understand why shit always get blamed on us down here.... We didn't start that doughnut burger or chicken and waffles stuff....

We're big on biscuits down here for breakfast.... We ain't real hip on sweets for breakfast... There are some infiltrators that got in before the quarantine hit... That is the IHOP'ers....

Yep, we're still on lockdown in Bama. Stay away.... We're fightin' TWO alien invasions on top of the plague. We don't even have Netflix or nothing...
So stay away!

As far as hushpuppies, if you just wake up one morning and think "I think I'd like to get my ass kicked today", messing with somebody making hushpuppies will get your ass kicked for you.... quick, fast, and in a hurry.... Never mess with a redneck artist at work... Wanna get kilt? That's how you get kilt.

Oh hell, that damn volcano just blew again.... Y'all better just stay as far away as possible.... It ain't safe here.... We're closed.

:cool2:
Anyone disturbing somebody making hushpuppies?

-Yankee.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
REAL hillbilly cooking involves chocolate gravy and biscuits. Had it once since I have been grown. Or MEAL gravy. I don't like it at all. We called it PIGSKIN gravy as kids.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Reaction score
REAL hillbilly cooking involves chocolate gravy and biscuits. Had it once since I have been grown. Or MEAL gravy. I don't like it at all. We called it PIGSKIN gravy as kids.

Never heard of chocolate gravy....

scott1970

Reaction score

wtf is this? i really think the south should stay south, below the mason dixon line, you know?
It sounds more like west coast lunacy rather that Southern culture. What normal person mixes those two items in such a way?

Who am I kidding? It’s the fatties. The fatties are gaining more acceptance and more power, and this is how fatties wield that new power. Goofy fatties.

S. Rock

Reaction score
the only part of a chicken I want at breakfast time is eggs. fried over medium or scrambled or in an omlete. with a some grits or hash browns on the side.