OGD 2007 Historic R9

RAG7890

Reaction score
Yet another old guitar day.........:laugh2:........had this since new in 2007 & never took any photos of her, so today I snapped a few pics when I finished with the others.

Almost mint 2007 Yamano HRM Handpicked Gloss Historic R9 in Lemonburst, 8lbs 10ozs. An awesome player with a.........:shock:..........BBQ top & a great board......:naughty:. PG has never been installed.

Again hope you enjoy the pics guys. :)

:cheers:

Attachments

• IMG_2538 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_2538 (Medium).jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_2540 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_2540 (Medium).jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2544 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_2544 (Medium).jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2555 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_2555 (Medium).jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2547 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_2547 (Medium).jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 97

RAG7890

Reaction score
this looks like a braz. board to me or maybe madagascar.....?

awesome guitar!

Hey GG, I have to be nice to you in this Thread because I am winding you up in the other Thread. :laugh2: Don't take it personally :)

Yes, it does look like BRW...................in fact we think it is. I have handled a lot of BRW over the last 5 years & my Luthier uses it for my own custom made guitars.

It looks like, feels like, behaves like it etc.................so either it is or it is Madagascar that is masquerading as BRW. :laugh2:

Either way, it is a killer R9. The Historic Division said they could not confirm BRW............I did ask them & for the record MGRW is a great timber. :)

Curlymaple

Reaction score
with a.........:shock:..........BBQ top & a great board......:naughty:. :cheers:

.regardless of the top, that definitely Braz board, sure looks like it:hmm: :applause::applause:
sadly Gibson wont admit to it or somehow got mixed up in the bunch.

RAG7890

Reaction score
IMG_2528 (Medium).jpg

IMG_2527 (Medium).jpg

IMG_2536 (Medium).jpg

.regardless of the top, that definitely Braz board, sure looks like it:hmm: :applause::applause:
sadly Gibson wont admit to it or somehow got mixed up in the bunch.

Thanks guys & thanks CM. It was really luck of the draw. I bought this before it hit the showroom when the dealer sent me the pics. At the time, I had to have it..........the top.........the color..........well you guys know the rest, I just fell in love & went snap in a nanosecond. :laugh2:

As luck would have it, it turned out to be my best Historic. My Luthier & close friend Charles Cilia has handled way more Historic Les Pauls than me & he also thinks it is the best he has played..........& he is hard to please (like most Luthiers).

With this one being a Handpicked Yamano, maybe it really was considered to be something special. Anyway, it makes up for the dogs I have had over the years. :)

More pics attached guys.

Es Paul

Reaction score
Sweet R9.

I don't know, man. That sure as shit looks like Braz to me. Unreal.

Can you PM me the serial #? I want to know how close it is to my 07 R9

RAG7890

Reaction score
Sweet R9.

I don't know, man. That sure as shit looks like Braz to me. Unreal.

Can you PM me the serial #? I want to know how close it is to my 07 R9

Thanks EP. PM sent.

Latest Threads