Official Les Paul stuff Santa brought you thread.

Sournote

Reaction score
I got an aged Creametone ABR-1 Bridge and tailpiece to match up with the aged Sheptone PAF's in my Traditional. Also got foil tophats to replace the factory speed knobs. Its gonna be a killer poor man's '59 as soon as I get this stuff on it but we are visiting family and leaving from here for a week in Key West.

Almost wish I could go home to get the new parts on before that. Almost.

Lets hear it. What did Santa bring ya'?

Bend'n'Slide

Reaction score
Sadly, nothing for the Lester this Christmas.

...but I think I'll go for some tall pickup rings in the New Year and, despite my professed preference for speed knobs, I'll probably try some non-recessed aged gold bell knobs too.

Happy Christmas and Season's Greetings — and congratulations to anyone who *did* get LP or Gibson toys (or any other guitar-related stuff for that matter!).

sk8rat

Reaction score
things that actually go on the guitar, just grolsch strap locks. I got a few other odds and ends; cables, pick holder, capo....

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Premium Member
Reaction score
This was technically an early Xmas gift. Plus the wife got me a Creamtone guard and a Historic Jack Plate. Oh yeah... And a Marshall DSL. It's only fair. I got her a Hilton Head ocean front Villa for the week. That's where we're at now.

sci

Reaction score
A hard case for my LP. Gift from the wife:

gcamp

Reaction score
My first Les Paul. A 1993 Classic Plus in cherryburst. I'll have to create a new guitar day post later.

Attachments

RRfireblade

Reaction score
Nothing LP. :-/ Been all Classical (Acoustic) Christmas this year.

RangerJay

Glam Bastard
Premium Member
Reaction score
My 80 year old mother gave me a $50 bill and said, "Use it to buy some damn guitar strings!"

Since it was mom, I said "OK."

Birdseyeview

Reaction score
I got myself a 2014 Traditional Pro II in Heritage Cherry after reading a raving post from one of our members. It was a case queen without a scratch and original strings. I LOVE the 57 and 57 plus pickups; they are terrific sounding.
I just ordered all the appointments from creamtone to give it the full dress 'poor man's 59' look, and I will post NGD thread when the transformation is completed. Zebra HB's on this just look wrong to me, so I am going to put aged covers on them.
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night playing your LP's!

GibsonKramer

The Three G's
Reaction score
Nothing. :(

But I did buy myself a LP Custom Black Beauty, for my 50th birthday (21st).

Platte City Paul

Reaction score
Nothing for the Les Pauls, but my wife was totally cool with me bringing home a used Fender amp for a ridiculously good price.

I'm going to get ahold of Scarlett Amplifiers out here in the KC area and have it in for a service and a few small fixes after the new year. I may ask them about the possibility of putting a 1/2 power switch like the DSL40C has.

Just a thought, and I am pretty much clueless when it comes to amp innards.

Pappy58

Reaction score
Nice loot folks! Santa brought my Lesters a new battery mate...currently using it with a 1965A Marshall 4x10 with back open. Basically a hybrid AC15/JTM 45 and much more dynamic than my typical vintage Fender setup. It's capabilities are maximized with the 335 however. First gig this Friday! :fingersx:

Attachments

timjmayer

Reaction score
This was technically an early Xmas gift. Plus the wife got me a Creamtone guard and a Historic Jack Plate. Oh yeah... And a Marshall DSL. It's only fair. I got her a Hilton Head ocean front Villa for the week. That's where we're at now.

I have to say I love your guitar jstarr, and I plan on totally ripping you off and copying your mods including the awesome polish job. I have half the coin saved and as soon as it comes back in to the vendor I need to get it from it will be mine . Lots of respect your way especially the way you treat your wife. I got a Black 50s tribute the last few weeks so I will count it as my Xmas gift, but since seeing yours I have had real bad GAS. Happy New year's all.

Reaction score
Grover locking tuners, a Les Paul Custom truss rod cover, and a Les Paul Custom pickguard for my Supreme.

And I've got a Bigsby on order................

jbash

Reaction score

(SANTA=Me, in this case)

And amazon/guitar center gift cards which will likely get me some grovers and strings.

1all's Pub

Reaction score
Not Les Paul specific, but I got a Gibson shirt, a Gibson beanie/stocking cap, and a Gibson bar stool. :)

lpplayer

Reaction score
2017 Les Paul Tribute and some Seymours.

Haven't decided where the pickups are going yet. I like the 490's in the Tribute

Attachments

Latest Threads