Official announcement: Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Standard with Bigsby® Outfit

CaptainT

Reaction score
I want the colour...I want the Bigsby...I want the guitar

Damn, GAS, here we go again:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
:lol: Yeah we'll see. I recall the Pelham Blue being launched in January 2014 at Namm, took 9 months to arrive!

Yep. I decided to pull the trigger a few months later and didn't get mine until Feb. of this year.

Heavy Blue

Reaction score
Buying Gibson pickups are like playing Roulette... sometimes you get a winner, but usually the house wins! I've got a dozen or so sets sitting on the shelf here and out of those maybe 1 or 2 were acceptable... but nowhere near as good as the sets they were replaced with. The BBs in my first Epi Bonamassa were replaced with SD Bonamassas... now there's a set of pickups I can dig into. BBs... not so much so...

Yep, I may have hit 00 using the roulette analogy. I also lay no claim whatsoever to possessing golden ears of tone haha. I'll tell ya though that after using the Epi's infamous hotch/classic pups (aka the wax blocks, I wish I still had those pics) for the first 4 years I had it was tonal heaven by comparison lol.

El Kabong

Reaction score
These are in stock now in Japan... should have mine in a couple days!! :dude:

Louie

Reaction score
First thing that came to mind:

N_090115A2.jpg
Lotus_48_-_001.jpg

El Kabong

Reaction score
Indeed... as I said above "That woulda been a great candidate for a racing stripe..." :dude:

Spiteface

Reaction score
That is getting in overpriced territory.

It's a Joe Bonamassa signature Epiphone, of course it's going to be grossly overpriced for what it is.

Honestly, that aside, as much as I loathe Bonamassa, colour looks pretty cool. The only indication it's a Bonamassa sig is the truss rod cover, that would be cheap to fix!

djw171

Reaction score
It's a Joe Bonamassa signature Epiphone, of course it's going to be grossly overpriced for what it is.

Honestly, that aside, as much as I loathe Bonamassa, colour looks pretty cool. The only indication it's a Bonamassa sig is the truss rod cover, that would be cheap to fix!

I believe there is an interview with Joe somewhere saying just that; anyone can change the truss rod cover to remove his name and its still a great guitar.

It's cheaper than the Epi Slash and roughly the same as the Gary Clark, Tommy Thayer and other signature Epiphones, and to boot it's a really great guitar for the money. So long as you like the neck thick. I've not read a bad review of the PB or Gold Top versions.

I don't think there is any guitarist that I've ever 'loathed'. Joe do something to you personally? :)

djw171

Reaction score
I have a Marshall Class 5 and extension cabinet in BRG which would match it perfectly.

Attachments

• $_21.jpg
    $_21.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 16

Latest Threads