off white-chrome HW

pietro

Reaction score
as I said a long time ago: let's get this thread kicked off again

kjlugo

Reaction score
Will post pics of mine later tonight.....

RocknRoller

Reaction score
any one notice the studio posted near the start has a 'rosewood' finger board.
now i was under the impression that all white 'gibson' les pauls had an ebony board cause the rosewood bled into the nitro...? (this is not a problem with poly like on epis)

Bubblewrap

Reaction score
I’m going to change the hardware on my Alpine White Studio from gold to chrome. I love white guitars, especially LP’s, but the gold hardware just doesn’t do it for me. I ordered a new Gotoh bridge and stoptail in chrome and Grover Deluxe tuners in nickel from StewMac and a set of nickel-covered pickups from GFS. They should be here in a week or so. Obviously, no pics yet, but I'll post some once the makeover is done (if this thread is still alive and kicking..).

HCB 06

Reaction score
My refinished top in off white with GFS mean 90 in the neck and Dream 180 at the bridge.....and chrome hardware.

IMGP2457.jpg

siggy14

Reaction score
Well there was those special editions, but in the beginning years of the classic they also made the offwhite classic like the normal classics. They are very rare and everytime one pops up on ebay they go for big dollars, usually around 1800 to 2000 dollars.

I kick myself in the ass, because when i first started getting into gibson around 2001, this little mom and pop shop had one of the offwhite classics and i played it, liked it but at the time I wasnt willing to spend the $1450 on a guitar when i knew I could get them cheaper on ebay. I went back later on, about a year or so later and that little shop had closed down and no guitar.

I'm not sure.

I went into Long & Mcquade in Surrey, (British Columbia, Canada) and they had 2 in there. I think it was just a 2007 model.

But if you ask me, my favourite is still the 2007 Les Paul Silverburst.

Does anyone know of any website that can tell us how many of those white classic limited editions were made?

pietro

Reaction score
no one who has pictures of white ones with nickel on them?

pietro

Reaction score
nice! although I think it would even look better with black plastics on it?

Wiking

Reaction score
Hahaha, love rock model! Who ever came up with that one, deserves a medal.

Latest Threads