od/dist

jimmydee

Reaction score
I have been looking at distortion pedals as well as overdrive pedals. and I wanted to know if you guys have any experience with any of these and what are your thoughts....here are the distortion pedals that i have been looking at...
1.fender pugilist
2.ehx metal muff
3.mxr distortion+
4.mxr distortion III
5.mxr prime distortion
6. and one of the badass pedals as their are a couple different ones
7. tc elctronics fqrk matter
8.mxr 5150 overdrive - yea i know it is titled as an overdrive but it seems to me more of a distortion pedal

MXR has a bunch of distortion pedals, they have like 3 super baddass pedals, a few pedals labeled distortion pedals but I really do not know the difference...bhut those are the ones I have been looking at. I have alswo been looking

and the overdrive pedals i have been looking at are tc electronics mojomojo, then mxr has a few....I know this is a crqzy list and all, but I want a distortion pedal and an overdrive pedal and I have been watching demos for days now so can you give me your thoughts please on your personal experience?

Les Paulverizer

Reaction score
Nearly all the pedals mentioned above I’ve actually tried either live or in a recording situation and they’re all great pedals, out of the lot I wholeheartedly recommend the MXR 5150: from 0 to 10 it does everything the rest do as it can go from gentle break up all the way to raging distortion with every possible shade in between, it’s very dynamic as it responds very well to change in volume and picking attack, and it has a great built in noise gate. An absolute winner.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I just went through a distortion pedal hunt. I ended up with an Amptweaker Tight Metal Jr. SO versatile, it can cover any heavy tones. Has two modes, Fat Metal and Tight Metal. Former does the Stoner Doom and the latter everything else.

Latest Threads