Observation of this forum. Any thoughts? Please no more trolling!

cybermgk

“No such thing as fun for the whole family"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
And a troll is still a troll. :wave:

But a roll is still a roll, and a toll is still a toll. If we don't get our tolls, then we don't eat no rolls.

SLASH-N-WYLDE

Reaction score
I love my Epi's, not saying I will never own a Gibson, but I could get 1 Gibson, or 3 or 4 Epi's. Played em both, just dont see that much of a difference. If it feels good, and sounds good, IT IS GOOD!

shamu1

Reaction score
I think to say Epiphones are better than Gibsons is absurd, but I think it's just as absurd to say they're all inferior to Gibson. In my mind, some Epi models are better than some Gibson models. That's all it is for me. I love the Epis I own and the Gibsons I own and that is what matters most to me. I just shop carefully before I buy.

RTH

€piphoneWiki Team
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I wont lie. I miss the hell out of my '82 Gibson SG Special with a factory installed Kahler tremolo. If Epiphone would release a G-400 with a Floyd Rose I would probably stop missing it so much. Ah...dare to dream...

shamu1

Reaction score
I love my Epi's, not saying I will never own a Gibson, but I could get 1 Gibson, or 3 or 4 Epi's. Played em both, just dont see that much of a difference. If it feels good, and sounds good, IT IS GOOD!

Amen!

The_Sentry

Reaction score
For F's sake....these are midranged priced guitars.

run over them with your car for all I care. As long as you have fun...nothing else matters.

And ps:

Yes, it looks like plastic. Get over it.

Phildog

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone noticed but yesterday during the NHL Outdoor Winter Classic they had a band between periods with a beautiful Epi!! Front and center, National Broadcast on NBC!! I thought it was awesome!!! and I very much like the headstock as well!! It will be my next purchase very soon. I've been playing them a bunch.

WOW!!! I thought I was the only one who caught that!!!

Phildog

Reaction score
Just wondering if anone else is tired of the "damn Gibson, Epiphone is superior" posts that I've been reading lately? :wtf:

Why don't you just...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvB5dQHvRSc]Frank Zappa - Shut Up 'n Play Yer Guitar - YouTube[/ame]

RTH

€piphoneWiki Team
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
...meanwhile, Frank Zappa is playing a Gibson in that video. There just might be some kind of irony in posting that.

Skyllar

Reaction score
I was pretty set on getting a Gibson when I started looking at LPs. There is something to the Gibson name, it's without question a cool American brand.

However, as I started trying out Gibson Les Paul after Gibson Les Paul my budget went from $1000 to $1300 to $18000 to $2400. It was getting out of control for someone who is only a few months into learning the guitar.

So I finally decided that $1000 was my goal budget and decided to wait for a sweet deal. The 2013 closeout sale almost got me to blow the bank but I held off. I even hada 2014 Studio Pro in the cart for $1100 but held off again. Then I finally decided to just try an Epiphone. The first couple kinda got blown outa the water by the $1300-$1600 Gibsons I was trying but maybe it wasn't a fair comparison.

Finally I tracked down a 60s Tribute+ and it shifted my whole perspective. All of a sudden my expectations were shattered and the thought of paying $1k+ for a guitar right now just didn't make sense to me.

Moral of the story, people here are proud of their guitars and are happy to let you know it.

freebyrd 69

Reaction score
Seeing this thread makes me think back to my Motocross days. I raced semi-pro MX from 1992-2003. I was sponsored, and I always had pretty nice stuff. Great motorcycles, gear, etc..

Bottom line....I had my ass handed to me by guys on lesser (older) bikes, and I beat people (factory equipped) on better bikes. In large part, the rider made the motorcycle, not the other way around.

Same with guitars. I'm a Gibson guy, plain and simple. But why worry about what someone else plays? Makes no sense. At the end of the day, I sure as hell wouldn't want to duke it out with Joe Bonamassa on his signature Epi. :laugh2: I think I know how that would end up!

Just play the damn things!! :thumb:

shamu1

Reaction score
I was pretty set on getting a Gibson when I started looking at LPs. There is something to the Gibson name, it's without question a cool American brand.

However, as I started trying out Gibson Les Paul after Gibson Les Paul my budget went from $1000 to $1300 to $18000 to $2400. It was getting out of control for someone who is only a few months into learning the guitar.

So I finally decided that $1000 was my goal budget and decided to wait for a sweet deal. The 2013 closeout sale almost got me to blow the bank but I held off. I even hada 2014 Studio Pro in the cart for $1100 but held off again. Then I finally decided to just try an Epiphone. The first couple kinda got blown outa the water by the $1300-$1600 Gibsons I was trying but maybe it wasn't a fair comparison.

Finally I tracked down a 60s Tribute+ and it shifted my whole perspective. All of a sudden my expectations were shattered and the thought of paying $1k+ for a guitar right now just didn't make sense to me.

Moral of the story, people here are proud of their guitars and are happy to let you know it.

Same story here. Last year I'd saved up just enough money to buy a Gibson LP Traditional. I almost bought it, but after reading all the rave reviews here of the Tribute Plus, I decided against it and bought the Tribute Plus. Don't regret that decision one bit!

P.S. I did end up buying that Gibson eventually, but I had to save up the money all over again (I don't see myself buying another Gibson, considering the prices), and even though I love the guitar, I don't find it to be any better than the Tribute.

MUSTANGCAT

Reaction score
Gabby Gibson is right about Charlie Epiphone being right! Rove it!!

Tanqueray

Reaction score
I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Epiphones aren't necessarily better guitars than Gibsons, but your dollar buys a hell of a lot more when you buy an Epi over a Gibby.

Is a $2500 Gibson Standard really 625% more awesome than a $400 Epiphone Standard? Probably not. If you've got money to burn though, go with the Gibson and be happy about it. If you don't, or if you like having money to spend on other stuff, get the Epiphone and be happy about that.

Otherwise shut up and stop making obvious troll threads. Seeing these threads all the time seriously makes me not want to live on this planet anymore.

Latest Threads