NWGD coming! New Warmoth Guitar Day: Hybrid Stratocaster

crosstownblues

Wraptail Fan
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I was sanding back the nitro sprayed over the decal on the headstock, I managed to sand through and took some of the decal with it. So, I sanded it all off and ordered another decal.

In the meantime, here’s what the guitar body looks like with white pickup rings. Personally, I think this is the best look so far:
8804C48C-B097-4E31-B9DD-81BCF89D0109.jpeg

Shortly after this picture, the end pins and the electrosocket input jack cup were installed. Decal due this week, so guitar should be finished soon!

Last edited:

crosstownblues

Wraptail Fan
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I elected to go with the Warmoth neck on this build, and I was unable to make use of the Fender wide range humbuckers, I figured I should do something budget with them. To that end, I went with a Guitar Fetish Telecaster Deluxe alder body (XGP) in seafoam green, with a white pickguard. I had a set of VIP 500k pots, so scavenged the rest. Still waiting on a set of conversion bushings for the vintage style Gotoh tuners and have to install strap pins, but here it is:
02BC213A-FF70-490D-A2BD-B2214CB38496.jpeg

2307F113-6A37-4520-9409-19D2F9AAAA8F.jpeg

DB498D6E-1A56-4247-A1FE-B36CC897245F.jpeg

The pic above shows off that lovely flamed neck. All in for this one about $400. Could make a great beater for me or just something to sell. It looks pretty cool so far...

Last edited:

smk506

Reaction score
Since I elected to go with the Warmoth neck on this build, and I was unable to make use of the Fender wide range humbuckers, I figured I should do something budget with them. To that end, I went with a Guitar Fetish Telecaster Deluxe alder body (XGP) in seafoam green, with a white pickguard. I had a set of VIP 500k pots, so scavenged the rest. Still waiting on a set of conversion bushings for the vintage style Gotoh tuners and have to install strap pins, but here it is:
View attachment 520967

View attachment 520969
View attachment 520971
The pic above shows of that lovely flamed neck. All in for this one about $400. Could make a great beater for me or just something to sell. It looks pretty cool so far...

That is a killer tele for $400 :thumb:

crosstownblues

Wraptail Fan
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a killer tele for $400 :thumb:
Like everything, it’s not perfect. Besides, it has to be budget! But, it’s better than a Squier and has decent electronics. I’m going to string it up tomorrow to find out what needs to be done regarding setup, like nut slot depth, neck shim needed, intonation, relief, and string heights. You know, the fun stuff!

Latest Threads