NVGD

KissTone

Reaction score
Amazingly clean!

Any details you can share about how you acquired it? Was it the ultimate Craigslist score or maybe purchased from a little old lady on your street?

Pageburst

Reaction score
I bought it a highly reputable vintage guitar shop. It also appears to black light like it should. i haven’t measured the pickups but I was told they are 7.8 in the bridge and 7.5 in the neck.

As with most other post 1960 vintage Gibson’s I’ve owned and/or played. The humbuckers be it PAF or early purple wire PAT#s seem to need a bit more gain to get to the same breakup level as even my boutique low wind PAFs. Earlier long Magnet PAFs seem to have a bid more girth and grunt imho.

This SG is truly the epitome of a Tele on steroids (a cliche I never cared for but is particularly apropos here) with one of the nicest clean tones I’v heard.

Holy majoly! More pics! Wow.
you sure it’s not a reissue??:p

would you mind if I ask what the pickups read?
Wow...!!!

moreles

Reaction score
Remarkably pristine. How did decades of players refrain from playing that thing to death three times over? IMO, SGs are the most inviting, player-friendly guitars out there, and these are the best of the best. Wow, wow, wow!

LPG

I PLAY LIVE
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did it come with the original strings too.....?

That headstock is pristine with very few scratches.

Nice axe.

K

Latest Threads