NVGD - Gibson content

mdittman

Reaction score
Picked this up at a pawn shop yesterday. I just had a feeling that there was something out there and I've come to trust that feeling as it's seldom wrong. It was at the first shop I checked. It's a 1981 Gibson Victory MV II. According to the serial number it was made in Kalamazoo. Strange as it is, I really like it.
IMG_20200807_130636891_copy_733x1965.jpg

smk506

Reaction score
I think they’re pretty sweet. Super strat with a les Paul bridge, why not? People have disregarded the MK series in the past, but I think that’s starting to change now that that Paul Reed Smith guy has shown some success with the style... ;) :D

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Picked this up at a pawn shop yesterday. I just had a feeling that there was something out there and I've come to trust that feeling as it's seldom wrong. It was at the first shop I checked. It's a 1981 Gibson Victory MV II. According to the serial number it was made in Kalamazoo. Strange as it is, I really like it. View attachment 481171
Your pawh shop rocks-mine has lots of Squiers:confused:

Brian Krashpad

Reaction score
Congrats! An acquaintance of mine on the local scene has a similar one. It's been his main guitar for quite awhile, apparently.

BKS

Reaction score
Wow, cool find! Sometimes one comes up for sale here but price gone up way to high on those. Would have loved a hsh one for my Gibson strat collection.

Squier find would be nice to find in a pawn shop. You would be lucky to find a no name brand piece of firewood with strings... Ibanez gio, stagg....

BKS

Reaction score
I think they’re pretty sweet. Super strat with a les Paul bridge, why not? People have disregarded the MK series in the past, but I think that’s starting to change now that that Paul Reed Smith guy has shown some success with the style... ;) :D
Yes why not "les paul" bridge on a superstrat
_20200808_160155.JPG

mdittman

Reaction score
Your pawh shop rocks-mine has lots of Squiers:confused:
I have about a dozen or so shops within a 45 min. drive of my house as well as a couple of swap meets. Also, whenever I'm in another town I always look in the local pawn shops. I have plenty of stories about these adventures but I won't bore you here. I think this all started when I read Ian Hunter's book about touring with Mott the Hopple and he talked about buying guitars in pawn shops while he was on tour.

Latest Threads