NVGD 81 Custom

Daniel.S

Reaction score
And I just bought a set of Posi Loks in gold.
I realised I have a Schaller strap lock clip that I can use for now, but it needs the originals. :D

scozz

Reaction score
My ‘82 has Gibson strap buttons, but they are the regular round kind in gold. I’m not sure if they are original but they seem to be period correct. I’d love to get a set of the posi-locks so I don’t have to put strap locks on. I gig it without, no problem, but I pay attention; always one hand on the axe. Cheers.
Did you buy your 82 used? I bought my 82 Custom brand new, in fact I ordered it because all I could find back then was Black and White, and I wanted Wine Red.

Anyway, mine came with the diamond shaped strap buttons.

Also your 82 Custom is stunning! :thumb:

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
@Sharp you don't need posi-loks to avoid strap locks....use rubber washers, they work great and are cheap.

matter of fact, if I had it to do over again, I would NOT use strap-locks.

Sharp

Reaction score
i actually just use a good strap and always have a hand on the guitar. I'm not sure if I would be returning the guitar to original, or, modifying it by installing posilocks. The guitar is very clean as is so I will leave it stock. I'm more of a player than a moder.
Cool guitar man!! I’ve been wondering about that bridge that you have on yours.
Does it allow for it to have some movement to increase the intonation range?
yes

Daniel.S

Reaction score
i actually just use a good strap and always have a hand on the guitar. I'm not sure if I would be returning the guitar to original, or, modifying it by installing posilocks. The guitar is very clean as is so I will leave it stock. I'm more of a player than a moder.

yes
It's not that clean, the colour hides the flaws ;)
I've already got a set of Posi Loks coming anyway.
I'm more of a modded player :D

Latest Threads