NVGD: 1965 Gibson SG Junior

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Just took delivery of this 1965 SG Junior. Appears to be all original, right down to the dilapidated chipboard case (not pictured, but trust me: its in rough shape).

full

full

Pots date to '65, though the week is obscured by wiring on both.

full

I have never owned an SG before, and it's definitely going to take some getting used to - especially as an everyday Les Paul player. This thing feels nonexistent by comparison, in terms of weight and strap feel. Neck is nice and chunky though.

Last edited:

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The neck on mine is very chunky as well. Congrats and HNVGD!

OBX351

Reaction score
Just took delivery of this 1965 SG Junior. Appears to be all original, right down to the dilapidated chipboard case (not pictured, but trust me: its in rough shape).

full

full

Pots date to '65, though the week is obscured by wiring on both.

full

I have never owned an SG before, and it's definitely going to take some getting used to - especially as an everyday Les Paul player. This thing feels nonexistent by comparison, in terms of weight and strap feel. Neck is nice and chunky though.

Congrats!! It sounds like you got the price of a '65 with a '64 neck!!! I have '63 and LOVE IT!!! Have fun!!

spikeymikey

Reaction score
Superb! They are wonderful guitars. I used to play a Les Paul in the main but since I got a Junior that's changed!

Have fun!

Ps, roll off the tone knob to 3 and hear how close to woman tone you can get!! Outstanding.

Mr.Oregon

Reaction score
Nice sg.... I love mine except for the shoulders on the neck shape.... it's a really big chunky neck. I might sell it and look for an earlier one.

Latest Threads