NVGD! 1964 Gibson SG Standard

randelli

Reaction score
Who is this Gil, and does he have any '66 SG's?

Liam

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hi Liam, Yeah Gil should look into a side career as a stand up comic. He's a bag of laughs for sure. Didn't you recently buy a 63 with the sidepull from him?

I try to buy something from Gil every year now, sort of an annual investment / entertainment thing. Keeping the '63 SG off the radar until it's repaired, which might be a little way off yet. Bought it as a "broken and possibly very complex to repair" guitar, and it has definitely lived up to that. It's currently residing with one of the very best (he's actually the world's best, but I don't want to seem like I'm blowing smoke ;)) instrument repairers until he has time to have a look at it.

Fortunately patience is one of my few virtues...

Liam

Kevin James

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Who is this Gil, and does he have any '66 SG's?

As Liam noted Gil doesn't really do anything past early 65 with nickel parts and wide nut. I have a late 65 for sale though and it is the same specs as early 66. Check the link in my sig :)

Kevin James

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I don't know why I never tried this before but I was just messing with my computer to see if i could record a video with the built in webcam and ended up with this... thought I'd post it in this thread since it's this guitar (and my Phaez amp)

My playing sucks but the guitar and amp sound pretty good :laugh2:

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgBtkgE9ZvQ[/ame]

Kevin James

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Did you record any of the neck p.u. .?

No, I was really just messing around and hadn't even planned on posting the video but decided why not. I'll try to record something with the neck pickup a little later.

Kevin James

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Now that your into recording how bout a comparison with the 62.

Oy. Can of worms opened lol. I wouldn't really say I'm "into recording". I was bored and messing around.

I would record and post more... but then you guys will see how bad I suck :laugh2:

Old Crow

Reaction score
Your playing is fine and you have some amazing gits. I,m not planning on hiring anyone, just very interested in tonal variations of these. Early SG,s.
With most of us, it,s all about having some fun. We,ve worked hard to buy these vintage pieces let,s just play the hell out of them.

Latest Threads