NVGD: 1963 Polaris White SG Special

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was contacted back in June by a Gibson Custom Shop employee who saw a post that I made on this forum several years ago featuring my '61 LP/SG Standard. He created an account just to contact me and let me know that he used to own that guitar from around 2000-2010 and was interested in getting it back. It wasn't for sale, but I let him know that I was somewhat open to the idea. After several months, we ended up coming to a trade+cash deal, which included a couple of Historic Reissue Les Pauls. Some of you may have seen the R8 in the classifieds last week and the R9 will be featured in a NGD thread in the Historic section coming soon. :)

Part of me making peace with selling a guitar that I really loved was that I was really interested in getting either a Polaris White LP/SG Custom or a Polaris White SG Special. I ended up finding a really great example at Nationwide Guitars and it arrived yesterday.

As you saw from the thread title, it's a 1963 model and is all original, although I'm on the hunt for a proper Archcraft plush case if anyone has any leads. It came set up perfectly and plays and sounds great, both clean and dirty.

Here are some pics that I took early this morning. Enjoy!

lljcyLb.jpg

9hQK5nc.jpg

UxbyPLv.jpg

aebjxZy.jpg

IJHzmQE.jpg

ihTKAjU.jpg

SHLeGTF.jpg

Ht0yxih.jpg

lybsJMx.jpg

2iePhcy.jpg

8RbqeAc.jpg

rTPZ4Je.jpg

FA4A4MU.jpg

g4jg83H.jpg

POe4dWZ.jpg

7FuuQrZ.jpg

drzjCGl.jpg

DBvcM1U.jpg

Last edited:

61LPSG

Reaction score
Congrats!
That's a beauty. I had a SG Special and wish I never let it go. The SG/P90 sound is one of my favorites.

zhivago

Reaction score
Total stunner!
I love cherry SGs, but Polaris White takes my love to a different level!! :dude:

Latest Threads