NVGD: 1960 Les Paul Junior

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
This might be the first time I've ever done an incoming thread, but I went by True Vintage Guitar here in Birmingham yesterday to check this out and have a feeling it's going to stick around for a while. Big thanks to John for a great Junior. I'm walking out the door now to pick it up. I'll post more later.

Photo courtesy of True Vintage Guitar/John Shults.
1960-Gibson-Les-Paul-Jr-0-7059-001.jpg

Wailing

Reaction score
Most Excellent guitar... Would have raced you to the door if I wasn't in the UK (just kiddin, you saw it first)... Enjoy....

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, these are killer raw rock guitars. Congrats and we are waiting on tone report. :dude:
Thanks! I've spent some time with over the last day and half or so and I'm really loving it. I just now A/B'd it with my '57 Special and '64 Junior and it's noticeably hotter than both. The only thing I'm struggling with on it is the tone knob, which gets used a lot when I play a Junior. It seems like rolling it off also takes away a lot of the drive as opposed to just rolling off the high end. Usually, I can retain most of the gain when I do that on my others. Overall, though, it smokes. I recently replaced my "dirty" amp, so I might make a video sometime soon using it and post it to the thread.

deadlyweasel

Reaction score
Yes, the blacklight will indicate any repairs to the body and the finish.

pete

Reaction score
This might be the first time I've ever done an incoming thread, but I went by True Vintage Guitar here in Birmingham yesterday to check this out and have a feeling it's going to stick around for a while. Big thanks to John for a great Junior. I'm walking out the door now to pick it up. I'll post more later.

Photo courtesy of True Vintage Guitar/John Shults.
View attachment 255846
Awesome!