NVGD: 1956 Les Paul Junior

Just to make it interesting... What's the serial number of this guitar?

• 6 6361

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • 6 6362

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • White/Gold

• Blue/Black

• Yanny

• Laurel

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I drove about an hour each way yesterday afternoon and this followed me home. It's a 1956 Junior that's been around the block a few times. Lots of play wear as well as a repaired headstock break. The frets are tiny and have some wear on them as well, but are working for me (for now).

The P-90 sounds really nice and is a little different than my '60 Junior. This one has a little more grit to it to my ears. It's nice to have them a little different, actually.

Here are some pics that I took today. Enjoy!

6hBsLAg.jpg

XKJ39Ir.jpg

JsvmQCV.jpg

Aq6dKRd.jpg

PrjBKyn.jpg

3O4G5K2.jpg

3CgNhDt.jpg

X7INbTu.jpg

LQuaN3Z.jpg

YDcfKcG.jpg

KjADnVu.jpg

QAxiSFb.jpg

AKbD1Pe.jpg

VqPFMxV.jpg

JKOvHc3.jpg

nJHPm2Y.jpg

Last edited:

ESchmidt

Reaction score
Awsome guitar! I played that one at a local shop when it was here in Indiana and still kick myself for not pulling the trigger. If I'm not mistaken the repair work was done by Chad Fitzpatrick at CF Restorations--which means you are in luck--it was done properly.

http://instagr.am/p/BPPjfynA0n7/

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awsome guitar! I played that one at a local shop when it was here in Indiana and still kick myself for not pulling the trigger. If I'm not mistaken the repair work was done by Chad Fitzpatrick at CF Restorations--which means you are in luck--it was done properly.

http://instagr.am/p/BPPjfynA0n7/

Yes! That's the one! The previous owner got it from Copper Chord Music in Huntington, IN and Chad did do the repair.

Last edited:

ESchmidt

Reaction score
Awesome, I live right around those guys. Chad has been my go-to guy for a few years now. He is as good as they come!

BA-CHEE

Reaction score
ATSA real REAL SHAKA Zulu in my books ! Rock on brother, ... ROCK ON !!! :headbanger:

Progrocker111

Reaction score
I think, that these earlier (pre 1957) Juniors are a bit brighter and more aggressive cause their tailpiece is a bit more closer to the pickup.

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Added a poll just for fun in case anyone's still looking. Probably should've done it when I first posted the thread as most people have already seen it and are probably not coming back. :laugh2:

It looks like they started to stamp this with a slightly different serial number before committing to a different one. Kind of interesting...

ysrJkR8.jpg

DaMEPpc.jpg

cjp54

Reaction score
That right there is a poster child for original relic checking! WOW! I love it! Cool serial number too. or is it two??
I love to see someone try and fake that kind of checking!!!!

Latest Threads