Nsd!

SneakySnakeLady

MLP Snake Lady
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
This coming Saturday is my birthday, and this is the present I got from Bling!!! :D :D :D

It's a baby male Woma Python. They are a unique looking mid sized Australian python that I have wanted for a long time! This little guy came yesterday and he is gorgeous and super friendly. The pictures are from my cell phone and don't do him justice. I can't find my SD card for my regular camera. I named him Didgeridoo, but I've been calling him Didge :)

I'm in love <3

...Just one more reason in a never ending list why Bling is the best :)

jfwund

Reaction score
Happy birthday! Congrats on the new addition.

This is one of the reasons that I like MLP so much -- where else can you find new snake day posts right alongside life-altering questions like pickguard on or off? :D

SneakySnakeLady

MLP Snake Lady
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy birthday! Congrats on the new addition.

This is one of the reasons that I like MLP so much -- where else can you find new snake day posts right alongside life-altering questions like pickguard on or off? :D
:h5:

Louie

Reaction score
Very nice, I like the striped pattern and the brown "eyebrow" patches, they make him look like a very friendly guy.
How big will it grow, by the way?

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i like him, and im glad you like him =)

i would have named him charles, or possibly martin.

FrankieOliver

Reaction score
That's wonderful, Becky. Womas are beautiful snakes. :) I'd been tempted to get one more than a few times while I was at a show.

SneakySnakeLady

MLP Snake Lady
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice, I like the striped pattern and the brown "eyebrow" patches, they make him look like a very friendly guy.
How big will it grow, by the way?
Around 5-6 feet or so, they don't get very big...females get a tad bigger I believe.

SneakySnakeLady

MLP Snake Lady
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's wonderful, Becky. Womas are beautiful snakes. :) I'd been tempted to get one more than a few times while I was at a show.
I have wanted one for a long time but the prices turned me off from it. The guy I got this one from just happened to have a few extras he was selling at a really good price. I am always a little skeptical when I see something like that so cheap, but I looked him and his company up and they were very reputable so I went for it. The little guy is flawless!

EnjoGuitar

Reaction score
Happy NSD! That snake is very cool-looking. I hope he enjoys his new home. :D

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
He looks sad that he doesn't have any arms.
Happy NSD! :)

LongBeach

Reaction score
Happy new Snake day!

Congrats!

& Happy Birthday!

bscenefilms

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy burfday, SSL! Make sure to wear your suit for Bling!

So - are snakes self-aware? Someone once told me they are not but I have my doubts there...

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
A wonderful gift indeed! He sure is a purty lil' fella... :D

I love his beady little snaky eyes... that's what I liked so much about the corn snake I found on my door a while back--- those little black eyes that looked so much like obsidian spheres.

A wonderful gift for you!

Happy New Snake Day!

--Robert :)

SneakySnakeLady

MLP Snake Lady
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy NSD! That snake is very cool-looking. I hope he enjoys his new home. :D
They are one of the coolest looking snakes out there IMO. He seems to be settling in just fine. :)

He looks sad that he doesn't have any arms.
Happy NSD! :)
Did you know that snakes actually -lost- their limbs as they evolved! They used to have arms and legs. In some boa species xrays will still show remnants of where the legs should have been.

Happy new Snake day!

Congrats!

& Happy Birthday!
Thanks!

Happy burfday, SSL! Make sure to wear your suit for Bling!

So - are snakes self-aware? Someone once told me they are not but I have my doubts there...
LOL

I have always believed that they are...I don't know if it's ever been scientifically studied, but from owning them for my entire life I have come to know they they each have a unique personality complete with likes, dislikes and quirky behaviors. They learn their handler and can be taught when it's time to eat and when it's not time to eat and how to behave accordingly...They are fascinating and I believe they are much smarter than we give them credit for, so even if some scientist who goes out and looks at them in a tree might think one thing, I'll keep my beliefs from my lifetime of 1-1 contact with them.

A wonderful gift indeed! He sure is a purty lil' fella... :D

I love his beady little snaky eyes... that's what I liked so much about the corn snake I found on my door a while back--- those little black eyes that looked so much like obsidian spheres.

A wonderful gift for you!

Happy New Snake Day!

--Robert :)
The perfect gift for me! :D

jlu52

ignoramus maximus emeritus
Reaction score
I'm a city boy who, throughout most of my life, had an aversion to anything and everything reptilian. Looking at your beautiful collection has warmed me significantly to the creatures, enough so that I watch everything I can find on TV about them, as well as alligators, lizards, et al. I didn't understand them, so I didn't like them. Thanks for opening my mind and broadening my perspective.

And, oh yeah, Happy Birthday and Happy New Snake Day. May Didge bring you much joy!:thumb:

SneakySnakeLady

MLP Snake Lady
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a city boy who, throughout most of my life, had an aversion to anything and everything reptilian. Looking at your beautiful collection has warmed me significantly to the creatures, enough so that I watch everything I can find on TV about them, as well as alligators, lizards, et al. I didn't understand them, so I didn't like them. Thanks for opening my mind and broadening my perspective.

And, oh yeah, Happy Birthday and Happy New Snake Day. May Didge bring you much joy!:thumb:
:thumb::thumb::thumb: That is exactly the kind of thing I like to hear!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Latest Threads