NSD: New Strat Day

Foo for Thought

Reaction score
I am primarily a Strat player (oh the horror). I snagged a decent deal on a Miami Blue American Professional I had on my watch list on Reverb, so I figured it was time to upgrade from my American Professional.

Here's a family portrait of my meager collection. My camera sucks at capturing the actual color. It's much greener in person.

Family Portrait.jpg

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Very nice! I've always been an LP guy but over the past couple years Strats have finally won me over. They're just so comfortable to play (never giving up my Lesters, though).

Congrats, love the color!

wildhawk1

Reaction score
Very nice! I've always been an LP guy but over the past couple years Strats have finally won me over. They're just so comfortable to play (never giving up my Lesters, though).

Congrats, love the color!

When it comes to ergonomics Leo definitely beat Les.

Foo for Thought

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words everyone. This one is definitely a keeper. Now I'm thinking about how I can mod my other Strat. :jam:

diavolo

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words everyone. This one is definitely a keeper. Now I'm thinking about how I can mod my other Strat. :jam:
Blender wiring, with a humbucker (or hotrails style) in the bridge position and put a coil split on that.
ALL the strat tones and then some.

truckermde

Reaction score
Excellent choice!

There's one on our local Craigslist, and I have cut myself off from looking at it, I want it so bad...

Nice dark board on that one you got :thumb:

HNGD!

:cheers2:

moreles

Reaction score
I rarely reach for my LP anymore. Strat most often; SG sometimes. LP... not really. Was my main guitar for a long time, but it honestly feels a little old and clumsy alonmgside the Strat, and though I get good cleans from my low output PAF-types, the Strat is simply more articulate and clear. In terms of playability, there's no contest as the Strat neck is phenomenally addictive and the LP is OK. I've always played both types of guitars sort of equally, but I really think I'm moving away from the LP thing. It's starting to feel like one my old wood tennis racquets.

Latest Threads