NPTD (new police truck day)

scott1970

Reaction score
I turned in the 2019 Dodge Charger yesterday and took possession of the 2021 F-150.

We're phasing out the Chargers for Ford Explorers, but admin decided to try out some F-150s due to better resale and because they're several thousand dollars cheaper than the Explorers. I have always enjoyed driving a pickup, although I was rather skeptical about having one for urban policing. After yesterday I have zero complaints. It's by far the roomiest and most comfortable patrol vehicle I've ever had during my career. Admin tells me the V8 has 400 hp. I don't know if that's the case, but when I put this truck in Sport mode I'm pretty confident it will outrun my last two hemi Chargers.

I blurred my department's name due to a strictly enforced social media policy and the fact I have made lifelong enemies at city hall. Anyhoo....

They went cheap on the wheels and tires, but a free truck is a free truck.

The spaciousness is what I can't get over. It has a single seater cage behind the passenger seat, so I finally have a fully adjustable driver seat. And when I fold up the backseat it becomes cavernous by police car standards. All my trunk stuff got tossed into totes and strapped down in the bed which has a locking bedcover and tailgate.

scott1970

Reaction score
illegal drivers window tint? looks pretty dark.

They were delivered that way. I don't like it, myself. It's too dark. Midnight sergeants are gonna be blind come wintertime. There's a number of exceptions in TCA, so the tint is most likely to the letter of the law.

And if I stick a dog in the truck I have no doubt it would be legal then.

Last edited:

Olds442

Reaction score
Wants and gets don't always hug, but I'm going to suggest they lighten it. Did I mention how fast this thing is?
don't forget to DM me your paypal addy. i can pick up the panty dropper Saturday. ;)

i found a nice 460 that i can send off to the machine shop.

• Haha
Reactions: Who

TXOldRedRocker

A Variant Of Unknown Origin
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what the bed is for. Bungee cords and a tarp. Plenty of room for perps. However, it looks more like a road service vehicle.
@scott1970 Can put commercial vehicle enforcement equipment back there. Like a portable scales and such. Federal grant money to be had going that route.

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
You’re driving the biggest cop-car you’ve ever seen, and now you can only transport one perp at a time?

Arrest two perps and it will take two trucks out of service?
Unless you hog-tie them and throw them in the back

/purple

rfrizz

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
They were delivered that way. I don't like it, myself. It's too dark. Midnight sergeants are gonna be blind come wintertime.
I would think that would be reason enough to remove the tinting, but that would probably require too much $$$.

wildhawk1

Reaction score
Would be interesting to hear why the powers that be thought these were a better choice given their intended use than other vehicles.

Latest Threads