NPDx2 Catalinbread Formula No 5 & DLS

Hogman49

Reaction score
I just bought two new pedals that I really like alot (if anyone is interested, or looking for a new pedal). The Formula No.5 is really nice. Based on a Tweed tone. I bought a Wampler Tweed a short time ago, liked it, but the Formula 5 has got it beat, imo. Well worth a try if you are looking for Tweed tone. I have a Fender Tweed, and this does an awesome job adding break-up at lower volumes. The Dirty Little Secret MKII is a really nice OD as well, more Marshall tone. Cleans up nice when rolling off the volume a bit. I can see these getting a ton of use on my board. Just thought I'd post, in case someone is looking for a nice OD. :thumb: :thumb:

toneguy86

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I've been impressed with both and want both...but am getting the DLS first. It'll replace an OCD right now. The DLS is just perfect for several things I am trying to do. The idea of using a pedal to shift a Fender or Mesa into Marshall territory is appealing. Plus it just sounds good.

Hogman49

Reaction score
The more I use the DLS, the more I like it. What a pedal. I really can't find anything wrong with it. My OCD has been slowly pushed to the side. I still like it, but have a hard time finding a use for it right now.

Latest Threads