NPD - WIZZ Pickups

d1m1

Reaction score
Too easy then, thanks for the comments.

I am trying to get in touch with Alex, I think I would like to be a proud owner of a pair of Wizz pups! :dude:

you´ll love´em!

Bluefox

Reaction score
yep. e.g. original paf´s suposed to be same on neck and bridge position. back then they didnt wound by windings, they wound by time...and time is relative as we know:D so each paf had different readings. sometimes the brigde was hotter, sometimes the neck. same as for 57 classics. they suposed to be as well same for bridge and neck.

They were wound "until the bobbins were full", so those ladies early in the morning would think "... oh, I can throw some more wire on this one, it will fit..."; later they would get the rhythm and make them averagely the same, in the afternoon, the eyes were tired, they would look at the watch "...oh, it's getting late... I think this one is full enough, another few and it will be time to go home to prepare the dinner...."
So they came out normal wind, hotter or low wind depending on the hour they were made, but the person doing the final assembly didn't know at what time they were made, so installed them randomly...
At least that's how I imagine it could have been...

tharper81

Reaction score
Look great....are they marked neck and bridge..??..may be a daft question but if not how do you know which one is which..?...cheers

I believe they come shipped with the neck or bridge pup ring around the corresponding pickup. Therefore the neck pup will be inside the smaller ring. But I could be wrong. I have a set of the BCR GregBilly Wizz pups on order. I cannot wait.

Bluefox

Reaction score
My Wizz Premium Clone Set came with the pickups already installed in the rings.

d1m1

Reaction score
yes they are installed already in the rings but even if you remove the rings, you can still keep them apart because the wire on the neck pu is longer and on the bridge pu is shorter.

Steinmetzify

Reaction score
Man, those look really good....I really dig the aging on them and I love the GT you put them into as well. Any chance for some clips? Also, HNPAFD!

d1m1

Reaction score
Man, those look really good....I really dig the aging on them and I love the GT you put them into as well. Any chance for some clips? Also, HNPAFD!

they look good and sound even better!

unfortunately i dont have a mic. i´ve tried to make some clips with my smartphone but i gave up since the tone sucks. as long i pick very soft and get a cleanish tone it sounds not that bad, but when picking harder the volume on the video shuts down (instead of to increase), the low end and the highs disappear and the result is a mud. it makes no sense. the tone quality of the pu´s, amps, guitars etc dies. i could play a crapy chinise copy with some $5 pu´s, through a mini solid state and it would sound almost the same..

Latest Threads