NPD! Whole lotta humbuckers

DADGAD

Reaction score
I did the out of phase thing with the push pull. On the Duncan's it's more subtle than with the Gibson Page burstbuckers. That is a good thing. It's a nice thing to have available when the mood suits and you want to change things up a bit tone wise. Tired of out of phase? Simply push the pot down. It's nicer than a permanently OOP tone in the middle position.

rockgod212

Reaction score
just got done tuning up the 1960 les paul classic with the WLH set, along with 4 bourns push pull's and NOS soviet PIO caps 50's style wiring. all I can say is wow what a rude and raw tone these have with my metro 6550 equipped plexi/2203 clone. time to roll some pre tubes. nice and spanky'ish tone. time to practice some zep riffs now.......:D

DADGAD

Reaction score
just got done tuning up the 1960 les paul classic with the WLH set, along with 4 bourns push pull's and NOS soviet PIO caps 50's style wiring. all I can say is wow what a rude and raw tone these have with my metro 6550 equipped plexi/2203 clone. time to roll some pre tubes. nice and spanky'ish tone. time to practice some zep riffs now.......:D

Raw and rude are the perfect way to describe this set. Congrats and enjoy!

rockgod212

Reaction score
yeah, I like them. one thing I noticed is the guitar is a lot quieter since pulling out that pot plate thing, I think that plate creates a ground loop, so I gotta pull out the plate on my other les paul now.

wackydude

Reaction score
Hey DADGAD... wonderful post! Awesome additional review from DrakeZero as well! Thanks for the great information!

I have the WLH set in my LP atm and I am loving them, but I was curious if you could help with informing me where you would recommend picking up a similar set to your '59 PAF and T-Top you have as well? Any information would be greatly appreciated as I am looking to get a similar set and try them out. Thanks!

Coldacre

Reaction score

Coldacre

Reaction score
Hey Coldacre, thanks for the share... how do you like the set JPPost72 Set? Have you compared them to the WLH set by chance?

hey mate - I've had the Jppost72's for about a year and I'm still in love with them. they do exactly what I want pickups to do. just plugging into an AC30 gets me all the Jimmy Page tones I desire. the honeymoon phase is still on!! :dude:

I haven't tried the WLH set, so I'm afraid I can't do a comparison.

Brynner

Reaction score
I figure this is the right place for it, so I'll add it here.

I just bought a WLH bridge and took these measurements...

R = 8.60k (each coil 4.3k)

L = 5.67H (coils in series)

Latest Threads