NPD: Wampler Ego Compressor

integra evan

Reaction score
Came in today, my new used Wampler Ego Compressor. What a great pedal, it really can go from very transparent to very squashed. Enhances overall sound, makes notes nice and thick and sustains well. It's a really versatile pedal. You can set it and forget it if you want light compression and overall balance, or you can go for that super squashed sound. I like it. It really thickens up my Strat.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0683.jpg
    IMG_0683.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_0685.jpg
    IMG_0685.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 237

Hector Arcadius

Reaction score
Your photographic skills are pretty amazing, too! Congrats on the new comp. I'm a big Wampler fan myself, even though I own just one of his pedals.

integra evan

Reaction score
Lol thanks, it was just a quick snapshot, so it's got high ISO noise in the picture. Yeah this is the only Wampler pedal I have, but I'll probably look into them for a pedal in the future. It's really built well all around. And the little canvas bag it comes in the box it's pretty neat, too.

StormJH1

Reaction score
HNPD! I always loved the "idea" of Wampler pedals, but I tried a Sovereign a few years back and returned it - really didn't click for me. But I circled back and got a Black '65 earlier this year, and love it. My next purchase (and hopefully the end of pedals for awhile) will be the Euphoria. Was looking for a Dumble style pedal, and whether that pedal does it or not, I really like what it does.

I thought the compressor looked great - the Blend feature is something that sets it apart. There are cheaper options for compressor that will work for most, but I can't see regretting that purchase. Enjoy!

integra evan

Reaction score
Yeah, I really like how versatile it is, and how it doesn't color your tone. The blend and tone controls, as well as the attack and sustain controls, is what made it for me.

campbellcj

Reaction score
I just added one to my board and am liking it so far as well. I have the Euphoria (OD) and Velvet Fuzz as well. Wampler makes really nice stuff IMO.

LesPaula

Reaction score
Mine took some tweeking at first. Love that pedal.
In my country band, it was my only pedal, and sat on my amp, always on.

integra evan

Reaction score
Yeah I'm considering a wampler plexi too. Looking forward to hearing the results of this compressor with my strat and new amp that'll be hear soon....

50WPLEXI

Reaction score
Best compressor out there, loves humbuckers!!!!

Latest Threads