NPD Keeley C4 Compressor and Fulltone PlimSoul

yawny

Reaction score
Okay, cool. The Keeley may be just what I'm looking for then.

Two quick questions and I'm done, promise. Haha.

First, did you order direct from Keeley or from a third party? If you ordered from Keeley, how long did it take to ship?

Second, what do you use cable-wise? Some people swear by expensive George L's and Lavas, but I can't see how they'd make a difference.

GitFiddle

Reaction score
GG, great demo and the Plimsoul sounds great.

I can't help myself.....but.... for future reference, you only have two pickups on that guitar (@ 3:30)
(its the OCD in me I guess :cool:)

gibsonguitar1988

Reaction score
GG, great demo and the Plimsoul sounds great.

I can't help myself.....but.... for future reference, you only have two pickups on that guitar (@ 3:30)
(its the OCD in me I guess :cool:)

Thanks very much!

And yeah, I meant to say both pickups. :D

gibsonguitar1988

Reaction score
Okay, cool. The Keeley may be just what I'm looking for then.

Two quick questions and I'm done, promise. Haha.

First, did you order direct from Keeley or from a third party? If you ordered from Keeley, how long did it take to ship?

Second, what do you use cable-wise? Some people swear by expensive George L's and Lavas, but I can't see how they'd make a difference.

I bought the limited edition hand signed by Robert Keeley exclusive for Prymaxe Vintage, which is where I bought it from. It is also in Black finish which is rare because most of all Keeley's are silver which I think are ugly. :laugh2: I'm shallow about the way my pedals look. :D I want them to be eye candy too! http://www.prymaxevintage.com/keeley-electronics-compressor-4-knob-prymaxe-black/

I use Monster Cable. A controversial brand but I'll just say I am a cable breaker and broke TON of cables and tried everything and am lucky if a guitar cable last 3 months. Monsters have lasted me for 3 years and have not lost tone one bit and hold up. As far as pedal patch cables, I use the ones that came with my LYT pedalboard when I bought it. I need to invest in some better ones! :laugh2:

gibsonguitar1988

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6zOwm9UXGs]NPD Video #2 - YouTube[/ame]

Here is the Keeley 4-knob compressor.

A couple things I want to touch on is the fact I am not feeling too well this evening (mild headache all day with neck pain - going to chiropractor tomorrow) so my playing might not be as good as yesterday's and also maybe my compressor is not functioning right. It seems to have a noisy "sustain" (compression amount) pot that crackles when you raise the compression (noisy potentiometer). I also haven't figured out my settings yet. I will email Keeley to check on it. This is just a "rough cut" video.

I was going to shoot a part of the video with the PRS but I had some camera trouble so I had to clip that part out.

Latest Threads