NPD Clone of Tone

Neffco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a KOT clone. May as well while I wait. It kicked my rocket archer off the board. I like what it does as a clean boost. The Od is very useable also. Don’t know if I like them stacked. Too much treble. Played nice with everything else on the board, especially stacking the ocd into it.
8839060B-4804-42B4-A35A-4174BE75ED7B.jpeg
Gig tomorrow. I’ll see what I think after that. Two years from now I will do a comparison of the real deal, lol.

Neffco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like it. Very clear and jangling for lack of better words. Here’s a gut shot. For tinkering types, the
E6E15FDD-2156-4CEA-BB10-54A145736AFD.jpeg
diodes are socketed if I want to swap them, I won’t though.

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
How did it sound at your gig?

I was thinking of picking up a Sun Lion, but there are so many damn transistor options I don’t know where to begin....

Neffco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s a detailed description from the builder.

I built this without the battery option and moved the internal DIP switches to the outside for easy clipping selection!
So the switches are the same as the original and you can use them to choose between Clean, OD, and DISTORTION modes for each side. It is two pairs of switches, the left two switches are for the left side and the right two are for the right side. You can set either side to normal OD or CLEAN mode by moving it's OD/CLEAN switch (the right switch for that side). You can set either side for additional distortion, with the DIST switches (the left switch for that side). When you turn one of these DIST switches ON you get substantially more distortion, and a little less volume output. When the DIST switch is on you cannot get the normal OD or CLEAN modes on that side. Pro-tip: use one side as a clean boost (both switches off) and the other side as you gain stage!

I also socketed the diodes so you can try your own variations of diodes if you want!
In this one I used 1s1588, 1n914, 1n4148 and NTE519(supposedly ma856 eq.) diodes. And all WIMA Caps, Sounds incredible!
It also has an onboard voltage doubler so boss style 9v power supply (not included) is all you need to get that 18v sound!

Neffco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Caleb’s clones on reverb. Kingdom of tone.

Kyle76

Reaction score
Do you have to custom order? Don't see the KOT clone on the Reverb page.

Latest Threads