NPD Boss CE-2 MIJ

BanditPanda

Reaction score
Finally came across a Boss CE-2 Chorus MIJ Black Label at a decent price in great shape. Forgot how much I liked this pedal years ago. Anyone else use them
Is that any relation to this :
WAZA edition of the Boss DC2W ?

BanditPanda

Reaction score
Sorry I mean to say was the Waza C Dimension birthed by the CE2. or put another way is the Dimension C based on the CE2?

sonar

Reaction score
I’ve had one (silver screw) for years. Think I paid $30-$40. Owned one or two previous to that.

CE-2 and the Analogman Mini are my two favorites.

Dazza

Reaction score
Had my CE2 since the 80's as a constant on my pedalboard. Only recently I got an Analogman Bi Chorus which due to its flexibility and fab 'leslie' setting could replace it.
I'd consider a 30 year run a pretty good use of a pedal.
Daz

kungpow!

Reaction score
I have a black label mij ce2. Love it. Lush chorus.

I have a ce3 too. The ce2 sounds better, warmer, richer. But it was fun to try the ce3 stereo output.

Death Incarnate

Premium V.I.P.
Premium Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I hope you didn't pay an arm and a leg. The new MIJ Waza CE-2s are top notch.

Roman4405

Reaction score
Nice, my wife is going to Japan in a couple months. I’m putting together a list of stuff for her to look for a deal on. The CE-2 is at the top of that list.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
I've got two. One was gifted to me a long time ago (it's on my board now) and one I bought about 2 years ago from a Craigslist ad for about $5.00. I was actually buying a Boss Blues Driver for $10 when I noticed the guy had some other pedals and cables in a box. I asked "how much"? $20 for three more pedals plus the cables. I keep it as a spare.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I've got two. One was gifted to me a long time ago (it's on my board now) and one I bought about 2 years ago from a Craigslist ad for about $5.00. I was actually buying a Boss Blues Driver for $10 when I noticed the guy had some other pedals and cables in a box. I asked "how much"? $20 for three more pedals plus the cables. I keep it as a spare.
Please PM me the day you decide to part with it. :)

Guitaraxe

Reaction score
CE-2 is a classic... I recently came across a MIJ CE-2b for cheap... I haven't done a side by side but the B' sounds pretty sweet... plus it's that nasty Boss brown color ... total bonus right there!

LeftyF2003

Reaction score
I had a couple of Ibanez chorus pedals back in the day. This one got me to the early 80s:

Then I sold that and bought a UE-305. They sounded great, and were very low noise. I should have kept it...

Burst Boy

Reaction score
Chorus was my least liked effect until I purchased a CE-2w. Tis a beautiful sounding chorus indeed. I understand the Waza more than likely wont sound exactly like an original CE-2 but is probably close enough (or within normal variation between same pedals). The CE-2w has the extra flexibility because of the CE-1 settings. I'm just happy I can enjoy CE-2 glory without having paid to much of an arm and leg.

afireinside

Reaction score
I was doing research i found a CE-2b cheap and the fact that they are the 98% the same as a CE2 but a added mix pot. With a few slight mods it becomes a CE-2 with a mix.