NPD. Boogie Box. Am I the first one on MLP to get one of these? haha

Syn

Reaction score
Have you had much time with it yet? First impressions?

csplayer089

Reaction score
Not had the chance to test it out yet. Will later on tonight. I'll report back.

gibsonguitar1988

Reaction score
Interesting! I think Mesa is following Bogner's lead. I see more and more companies known for their amps, venturing into the pedal department either doing AIAB recreations of their own amps, or something completely different.

Hector Arcadius

Reaction score
Oh-oh... You got the least interesting one from their demos... Sorry, but I really, really wish that you report back to us that it's their demo that sucked and not the pedal...

I honestly wish that you enjoy it! Let us know how it sounds, man!

Edit: It looks really bad-ass, though! And, yeah, I do care about how things that are meant to be stepped, on look.

csplayer089

Reaction score
The gain was REALLY cranked in the demos for this pedal. That's one thing I noticed.

csplayer089

Reaction score
Just tested her out. Holy crap, lots of gain on top. The demo vids from Mesa Boogie make it sound really buzzy/fizzy...that is definitely not the case. The controls are very responsive, and I really like the mid cut. The difference between the channels (Lo/Hi) is very obvious. "Lo" is a lot more tighter and less saturated, and stays tight even with the gain cranked to the max. I spent most of my playing time on the "Lo" setting, as I find it to be more versatile. The "Hi" gain setting is brutal. Very saturated and thick sounding. Awesome for playing lead, but with open chords it can get mushy. Palm muting/percussive playing sounds great on both channels. My advice is to NOT crank the gain on the "Hi" channel, as it can get way too saturated. Anything past 2 o'clock on the gain for "Hi" is too mushy for my tastes. But at noon or even 10, it sounds killer.
I'm definitely happy with my purchase! It's a very organic sounding pedal compared to cheaper ones that I've played or owned.

Hector Arcadius

Reaction score
Thanks for the review! I'm glad you like it! I guess we will all have to wait for better demos of these to pop up.

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Oh-oh... You got the least interesting one from their demos... Sorry, but I really, really wish that you report back to us that it's their demo that sucked and not the pedal...

I honestly wish that you enjoy it! Let us know how it sounds, man!

Edit: It looks really bad-ass, though! And, yeah, I do care about how things that are meant to be stepped, on look.
i have to say, as a Triple Wreck owner i'm VERY intrigued to hear some good demos of this one.

csplayer089

Reaction score
Some more tidbits here...roll back the gain on the Lo setting for a great classic rock/crunch sound. Cleans up very well with pickup volume controls. Also..the level knob works very well. There isnt a massive boost in volume and signal, which is great. It feels like I'm simply switching to another channel on a higher-end amp.

nutsauce

Reaction score
Congrats man, they look like killer pedals for sure. Both of my amps are Mesa so I guess I have no use for them really, but there sure look badass.

Latest Threads