NPCD...new police car day

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
The new eco-boost explorer, police interceptors run like a scalded dog. 400hp 400+lbft of torque and lots of room for gear and what not. We've got a few down here.

Chester Drawers

Reaction score
Tsk....you have the wrong cars (this is gonna be my most immature post ever over here lol!);

Great looking car, except, being Italian, it’ll spend more time on a tow truck / in the garage than out chasing bad guys!

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Reaction score
Buds down here that were issued the Chargers back when depts were first jumping on em, dog cuss em.... They've told me the idling kills the older ones... (hot as two hells down here) Most want to go back to Vics which they say will run forever... Some like the Tahoe type but most love the old Vics.... There are some Explorers showing up now too...

In the south, there are about a gillion old ex- LEO Vics still on the road....probably have a gillion miles on em but still running...

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Reaction score
My local DPS has a couple of Explorers in their fleet. LED lights from hell.... Flat light bars you almost don't even notice....right up until they turn em on....

They did a drive through my neighborhood one evening after some teens getting a bit dumbass with spray paint on a couple stop signs and mailboxes (about as crazy as it gets in my hood and then only once in a few years of anything)...

The LEO hit the front and side whites on the all LED light bar and holy shit, it was like some close encounters of the eleventy-seventh kind rolling down the road... Black eyes up in the void were probably going WTF? when the sensors picked up the glow...

LED tech is amazing now... I was blown away when the rectangular elements showed up... Now, they are so bright it seems you can hear the damn things burning air when they fire up.....

scott1970

Reaction score
Buds down here that were issued the Chargers back when depts were first jumping on em, dog cuss em.... They've told me the idling kills the older ones... (hot as two hells down here) Most want to go back to Vics which they say will run forever... Some like the Tahoe type but most love the old Vics.... There are some Explorers showing up now too...

In the south, there are about a gillion old ex- LEO Vics still on the road....probably have a gillion miles on em but still running...

There's something special about the old Crown Vics, but I suspect some of it is nostalgia. That said, if the old Crown Vics could be outfitted like today's police cars, I'd be in heaven.

Our 2014 Chargers have had their problems, but I can't complain too much. They got recalled because of the gas tank design which leaked fuel which could then puddle on top of the tank and get you high while you drove. And the front ends had some serious issues which was a pain until Dodge got it corrected.

The big issue for my 2014 was how the now-fired chief's hand selected inbred hillbillies wired them for our lights and sirens. Mine died overnight countless times. I had it at two different dealerships a half dozen times. They insisted it was the aftermarket wiring, and it was. The now-fired chief refused to accept that and told me to drop it or he'd put me in a piece of garbage, worn out Impala line car. So, I stopped boosting it off after that. When I walked outside at 5:30 am to find it wouldn't start, I'd go back inside, take off my gear, make coffee, and have dispatch contact our on-call wrecker service. An hour to an hour and a half later they'd make it to my house and get it started. :laugh2:

Oldskoolrob

Reaction score
My workhorse is an Isuzu Dmax that's so dangerously over-loaded we have been directed that we can not perform any urgent duty driving in them....at all. Lucky we only get called once the 'real cops' have finished the hard stuff lolz. I'd love a Hemi!

Reactions: ehb

Rando375

Premium Member
Reaction score
Congrats Scott. Just the fact that its a hemi is cool lol

One night on an attempted suicide, on of the county cops had somehow locked himself out of his new ride. The same car he received earlier on the very same day:laugh2:
I think his old car was a keyed ignition and left his new key fob at the county shop :hmm: and it's around midnight so...he asked us to get it open.
Anyway, we had to use the "Big Easy" on it. And yeah, we got it open but let's just say that the paint around the drivers side door was seriously jacked up. Don't remember what car he had but the doors had no flex and the seals were TIGHT.
I actually felt bad for that brand new car man LOL

Reactions: ehb

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Reaction score
The bad thing about the old Vics on the road is that it is usually teenagers that buy the old surplus Vics, nobody else wants em because they are still black & whites with the vinyl removed, some have the logos Dollar Gentrul Rattle Can'd over and all still have the damn spotlight....

Sometimes seeing that light can make your ass draw up a bit when you're in 'Buford T. Justice' zones around tiny shit towns that pay minimum wage to their LEOs which greatly precludes any chance of employing good, well trained LEOs .... The LEOs they have must supply most if not all of their gear, and usually drive some piece of shit civilian car vinyl'd up like a real LEO vehicle... You get what you pay for... I used to repair the old "K" nuke guns for some smaller depts in the area when I was teaching at one college years back... I was dumbfounded at the hand-me-down-hand-me-downs that were hand=me-down hand-me-downs that nobody farking wanted anymore.... I had been keeping the campus LEOs nukes running. (really stupid design) and evidently they blabbed over coffee... Didn't charge em as I felt for those guys trying their best to do a good job under shit conditions, AND, the company had sent me prints and a bag of parts free after I asked what farking idiot had come up with one idea in that circuit,.. I guess it gave the tech there a good laugh and he said 'ya picked up on that design puke too, didn't you?'.... Yep, pretty much why so many went farking dead.... Took less time desoldering/removing a stupid ass decision based worthless damn component dreamed up by some imbecilic dumbass and replacing with a different simpler component that didn't farking smoke when you yelled BOO at it than removing the screws... It was cool though to help those guys out... Their options were me repair for free or do without... Some damn good folks out there working in some truly shit conditions.....

tjbitt

Reaction score
Good for you, looks like a sweet ride:thumb: I'm jealous, here's a list of my squad cars when I was an officer:
1973 Ford Galaxie, 1977 Chevy Nova, 1978 Catalina, 1983 Catalina and 1985 Caprice.
They were all total dogs except the Caprice. The Catalinas were huge, like trying to navigate a battleship down the road:facepalm:

scott1970

Reaction score
Good for you, looks like a sweet ride:thumb: I'm jealous, here's a list of my squad cars when I was an officer:
1973 Ford Galaxie, 1977 Chevy Nova, 1978 Catalina, 1983 Catalina and 1985 Caprice.
They were all total dogs except the Caprice. The Catalinas were huge, like trying to navigate a battleship down the road:facepalm:

You had me at ‘83 Catalina!

I’m sorry.

:rofl:

scott1970

Reaction score
Congrats Scott. Just the fact that its a hemi is cool lol

One night on an attempted suicide, on of the county cops had somehow locked himself out of his new ride. The same car he received earlier on the very same day:laugh2:
I think his old car was a keyed ignition and left his new key fob at the county shop :hmm: and it's around midnight so...he asked us to get it open.
Anyway, we had to use the "Big Easy" on it. And yeah, we got it open but let's just say that the paint around the drivers side door was seriously jacked up. Don't remember what car he had but the doors had no flex and the seals were TIGHT.
I actually felt bad for that brand new car man LOL

All our old line cars are chewed up from the Big Easy.

When our first batch of keyless cars arrived in 2014 our now-fired doofus chief gave out one fob each. They rest he kept locked up in his office, so we had no access to spares during emergencies except during his regular office hours. Man, he was such a monumental tool!

Last edited:

Latest Threads