Now these are light ...

BDW60

Reaction score
Have any of you checked the R8s at Dave’s? The tops are pretty incredible on these but what I can’t believe are the weights of many of these babies. 7.6 pounds, 7.8, 8.0, 8.2 ...these fall into the category of the former Featherweights from Wildwood. They must have demanded the lightest mahogany Gibson had around. Never seen anything like it, really.

Not sure I would want one that light, but if you like them that way, they’re out there.

(no connection to Dave’s other than I bought a guitar there once)

Lull

Reaction score
They look amazing, especially with the uncovered zebra pickups!

goldtop0

Reaction score
They sure look great and such good light weight LPs.............but I want 'fat' necks.......starting at .940" at the 1st at least!!
Mind you, not that I'm in the market right now..........just sayin':confused:

guitardon

Reaction score
Wow, the R8’s he has are amazing. The tops are decent and a few are near 8lbs. They’re a real bargain if you can live with the larger neck.

DoctorGonzo

Reaction score
They sure look great and such good light weight LPs.............but I want 'fat' necks.......starting at .940" at the 1st at least!!
Mind you, not that I'm in the market right now..........just sayin':confused:
Yeah I wish they would do more baseball bat necks as well. I get that a lot of people like the 59 or 60 profiles but there has gotta be some other folks out there like us that like really chunky necks.

goldtop0

Reaction score
Yeah I wish they would do more baseball bat necks as well. I get that a lot of people like the 59 or 60 profiles but there has gotta be some other folks out there like us that like really chunky necks.

Hopefully there's going to be run of 'monster neck' LPs done by Music Zoo this year........it may happen.
I've got a fat necked 335 in the works with Gibson CS currently and another forum member has had a number of fat
necks done by them(1" at the 1st) so we'll see.

DoctorGonzo

Reaction score
Hopefully there's going to be run of 'monster neck' LPs done by Music Zoo this year........it may happen.
I've got a fat necked 335 in the works with Gibson CS currently and another forum member has had a number of fat
necks done by them(1" at the 1st) so we'll see.
I'd love a 335 with a fat neck like that. All my tele and strat build I've put together I've used the allparts fat necks which are 1" at the first fret and I love the feel of those. Wonder what an SG with a 1" neck at 1st fret would feel like?

goldtop0

Reaction score
I'd love a 335 with a fat neck like that. All my tele and strat build I've put together I've used the allparts fat necks which are 1" at the first fret and I love the feel of those. Wonder what an SG with a 1" neck at 1st fret would feel like?

I've thought about an SG also and had a Special back in the late '60s but can't remember if it was neck heavy or otherwise.........it had a fatter neck.

EXPLRGAB

Reaction score
WILDWOOD SPEC R8 PURCHASED IN JULY, 8.4 LBS WITH 60s v2 neck; GLOSS FINISH....

dCi_king

Reaction score
Two months ago, here in Europe, I received this from a seller who had a 2020 R8. Not a special run.

Which are 7.8 lbs

Latest Threads