now THAT'S racing...

Side Burns

#==€@)
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its incredible to see priceless cars being raced and pushed until they get squirrely. I was lucky enough to see a few classiche races.

Bro KV

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great stuff, I see Goodwood and think of Festival of Speed. Love that stuff

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of great sounds on the track, old and new.

parts

Reaction score
My neighbor crew chief on a really high end Vintage Race team. Lola Cam Am..Real Cobra AND a Real Daytona coupe..Denny Hulme's 7 litre Can Am McClaren AND a 1970 ARROWS F1 car..1/of 2.. All raced more other a 1950s Indy..just a magic place 5 acres away..!
A couple

Nice transporter

Indy cars a Miller..a Watson Roadster and recently rebuilt (I got to HELP a bit) on the Speed Sport (legendary drag car Red Gref a friend)
Lifting the "body" to fuel Nitro..

Nothing..nothings smells like Nitro in the morning

Many others..

Last edited:

DavGrape

Reaction score
Love those races; the class with the little Ford Cortinas.
They're careful around each other, but they push / race, too.

LP1865

Reaction score
Screw this shit, did ya'll watch the Bahrain F1 race.
Amazing racing from Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton

cjpeck

Reaction score
modern F1 sucks. The cars are fugly, sound like a nest of insects, and the racing is lame as hell.
The vintage cars are far more interesting even when standing still.

Bro KV

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
modern F1 sucks. The cars are fugly, sound like a nest of insects, and the racing is lame as hell.
They sound like a Dyson! Go back to the V10/V12 era, I even love the old Ford V8.

wildhawk1

Reaction score
Agree...

F1 is like NASCAR time trials racing the track for lap speeds instead of other drivers.

ZZZZZ....

cjpeck

Reaction score
Only thing more boring than F1 these days is Formula E. Watching electric go carts go around tiny narrow tracks is no fun to watch. Take the rules and identical cars and equipment away and it might be something, but watching a bunch of guys that can't make it in a big money class ride around in identical go carts? Nah. GTFO with that crap.

The Indy 500 is the same way. It became insignificant the moment teams stopped developing and building their own cars.

Cleetus MacFarland wipes his but with all those kinds of racing just by putting 20 or so former LEO Crown Vics with a bottle of nitrous on a Florida short track. That was fun to watch and made me want to be there to see it in person.
Take a lesson, Nascar, F1, Indycar, etc...

LP1865

Reaction score
I just watch F! for the politics and drama

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Only thing more boring than F1 these days is Formula E. Watching electric go carts go around tiny narrow tracks is no fun to watch. Take the rules and identical cars and equipment away and it might be something, but watching a bunch of guys that can't make it in a big money class ride around in identical go carts? Nah. GTFO with that crap.

The Indy 500 is the same way. It became insignificant the moment teams stopped developing and building their own cars.

Cleetus MacFarland wipes his but with all those kinds of racing just by putting 20 or so former LEO Crown Vics with a bottle of nitrous on a Florida short track. That was fun to watch and made me want to be there to see it in person.
Take a lesson, Nascar, F1, Indycar, etc...
Like the music industry, the professional racing industry is a cruel mistress. Years ago, I was the interim CFO of an automotive company (think Fisker and Panoz, but it wasn't either of those). We were building race cars with an eye towards delivering sweet sports cars that you could drive to the office during the week and with a few tweaks put them on the track on the weekends. I needed some serious industry knowledge, so I called my buddy's brother, who (the brother) had just won the GT2 class at Le Mans. When I got him on the phone, I asked him what he was up to and he said "Like every other driver in the industry, I am looking for a job." I was shocked, I know nothing about racing, but I know Le Mans is a big deal.

Who

Well respected man about town
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's racist!

Latest Threads