Now that its done, I can say my 59 Replica is the most Les Paul sounding Les Paul I've ever played!

bikerdude2

Reaction score
Shout out to Tom Paul, and my bass player/luthier Josh Bruno for delivering a home run with my choice of electronics and hardware. The tone I was chasing was Gary Moore's Greenie, and a mix of Journey/REO Speedwagon and Cheap Trick. That woody classic rock you know its a Les Paul tone, and the guitar nailed it! I couldn't be happier! I have a good sounding Traditional, but this thing just kills!

bikerdude2

Reaction score
Thank You. The specs..Old Growth Mahogany, long neck tenon, Brazillion rosewood board, Brass Bridge inserts instead of steel, Faber bridge, 50's wiring, specific cap values for the bridge and neck pickup, Bare Knuckle Mule in the bridge, and a Bare Knuckle Peter Green in the neck. Total rock and snarl! Plenty of bite in the bridge and that moaning creamy neck pickup tone. and of course the out of phase tone in the middle. Now I need to sell my Traditional so I can do another one!

PeteNJ75

Reaction score
Very nice, but you need to fix the knob situation to look more like Greeny. I might also put pickups covers on, but I realize this is just “inspired by” and not trying to be a Greeny replica.

zdoggie

Reaction score
I'm sure happy for you on your gary moore tone man bobby lee that is the apple of burst lovers eyes
absolutely gorgeous !

zdog

dasherf17

Reaction score
Pics?!?!??
(...does nobody think of that...?)
Sorry, just came in...
Hot looking guitar!
Gotta ask...did you turn the neck pickup's magnet around to get Peter's "magic" tone? I saw the neck pup's not swung around to be the Greeny/Moore/Hammett...
GREAT body work and I AM glad it's got the "it" you were looking for! Nice!

Last edited:

Latest Threads