Now I have seen it all!

Droog

Reaction score
Wait a minute, I was just watching the news, and they reported that California is battling some of the deadliest, destructive wild fires they've seen.....but they're worried about my twig and two berries when I play the rock and roll to impress the crumpet?

HeartString

>>>RSIYH<<<
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wait a minute, I was just watching the news, and they reported that California is battling some of the deadliest, destructive wild fires they've seen.....but they're worried about my twig and two berries when I play the rock and roll to impress the crumpet?
Man, those fires are hUGE!!

parts

Reaction score
I bought a 280Z in 1975..(sold it 3years ago)..a moron chick friend hit the side..so..
I had it sprayed IMRON chocolate at a custom place. The painter in the booth wore NO MASK,,nothing..

Who knew >>?

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
One of the local surfboard shapers did all his own glassing and never wore a respirator. Years later, he reminded me of that crazy old guy from Cannonball Run that dressed up like the doctor.

Labels don’t do shit for people who dont fuckin care.

As for the Prop 65 warnings, its a little weird seeing it on things like crystal stemware at the store. I guess that stuff has lead in it?? I don’t know/care. But if it posed a threat, I’d want to know.

Oh well.

Quit complaining brother cuz
No one lives forever.

pnuggett

Reaction score
Because California is such a safe state to live in.

Hatefulsob

Reaction score
The real danger of prop 65 warnings is that it negates any REAL concerns that will come up in the future. People have well learned that a "warning" is BS and to be ignored. In a way similar to government warnings about the deadly dangers of pot; everyone knows/learns that it's not true so when the government says cocaine, crack, meth, designer drugs etc. are dangerous, there is a well developed mistrust built in to society. Any products that have truly harmful cancer causing elements carry the same bullshit warning as ______ so it'll just be ignored.

Side Burns

Reaction score
These too... We're all gonna die.... Wait...is there anything the loons haven't tagged?

Well if your anything like my drummer “buz saw” the sawdust you make while using your wood sticks causes cancer.

https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/fact-sheets/wood-dust

* That said. Reading the above posts... I’d wear a mask while painting in a closed space. Or at least tuck your nose under your shirt lol

Last edited:
Reactions: ehb

Dolebludger

Reaction score
I've seen that same warning on things like toys and Christmas decorations. I'd like to read this "prop 65" someday. And I wonder if it has any backing in actual medical evidence.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
I've seen that same warning on things like toys and Christmas decorations. I'd like to read this "prop 65" someday. And I wonder if it has any backing in actual medical evidence.
I think it has to do with labeling EVERYTHING that has ANYTHING in seemingly ANY amount that’s known to cause cancer, even if you need way more than a trace amount. I’m sure it had to do with the chronic usage of these things with trace amounts, but they’re getting carried away.

That being said, didn’t we catch a bunch of toothpaste from China that had a bunch of lead in it?
I’m fine with a sensible version of this law.
I’m fine with bans on certain manufacturing processes and materials being used in certain things.
Something akin to (highly over-simplified here) “Lead is acceptable for making bullets but not spoons.”

I’m not anti-law.
I’m anti-nonsense.
Prop 65 seems to be brimming with a 50/50 mixture.

And like someone mentioned upthread, it just makes people ignore the labels.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Reaction score
Why ain't errbody dead already?????

Specially in that California place...

Why ain't they all dead with tumbleweeds and shit blowing down the road like ain't nuttin????

Orta be leather hide dead folks laying everwhere like that walkin dead picture show...

Why ain't they all dead??? The have them killer Lesters in California...

Folks outa be deader'n hell, Rusty...

Dougj

Reaction score
Prop.65 warning for California residents this product can expose you to Chemicals including Styrene which is known to cause cancer
Now I live in the UK and opened the box It is Keeley's latest compressor and I say it really works well very pleased but I'm a bit concerned that this item may be dangerous is there a man inside the pedal making a cup of coffee in a styrene cup does anyone know why I get this in my box from Robert :)?

Dolebludger

Reaction score
I wonder why they include the Prop 65 warning on products and ads sold or sent to those of us who do not live in CA?

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Reaction score
Sharing their idiocy with everyone, maybe?

Oldskoolrob

Reaction score
Prop 65 says "Proposition 65 requires businesses to provide warnings to Californians about significant exposures to chemicals that cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm." Umm...how is the exposure significant? How is the exposure and the significance quantified? Sounds like **** to me, better send 'em all here for testing!!

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Reaction score
If the bullet train is going to be mag-lev, and since CA is hot over anything that might cause anything, folks should sue the state for intentionally trying to make them sick by EMR exposure by not telling them riding the mag-lev train will probably kill them...