November 2020 BTOTM

cowsgomoo

Reaction score
this one is like that too...the phrasing becomes a wave ....very cool. I hear a Trower influence
thank you! Yeah, I love Robin Trower - kick on a univibe and let some chords ring out, and it's instant Trower. I like David Gilmour and Peter Green too - simple playing with good phrasing and vibrato

what I try and do is follow the chords and have licks answer or relate in some way to the previous one - I find even really simple phrases can work if I pick out chord tones as my target notes

Sct13

Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice and moody.....I hear the Floyd....

parts

Reaction score
Ok..splint off fret index and middle finger.. I actually listened to the Dr and stopped playing for about 6 months.. My fingers look and feel a lot better. Now just have to learn to play what I feel/hear.. I am limited to 20 minutes a day since Tuesday..and no chording well yet..but..happy to make noise again..

and you guys thought you got rid of me huh :cool2:
https://soundcloud.com/docc48%2Fblues-backing-in-am '71 LP Custom..pod..

Last edited:

Robotechnology

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I’ve been meaning to post in one of these threads for a while now. I have been improvising as I always have but, unaccompanied for probably an entire year. It was very good for me to hear changes and adjust to them again as opposed to changing what I play whenever I feel like it. I’m a little too amped up for the slow one from just coming off playing a modern, unbelievably easy to play shredder I just bought though, so sorry about that (and the pun) in advance :p Anyways, since this is MLP, I grabbed an LP to do this :cool: Signal is my ‘14 R0 into a Victory Super Kraken (also just got), channel 1 crunch mode into a DV Mark 1x12.

Same signal path for the mid tempo rocker except for using Channel II on the Victory. This is shorter since my iPad is out of memory so it glitched and switched to Helloween (last band I listened to on it) after it decided to pause the backing track:facepalm:

Looking forward to participating more in these and removing some more rust from my playing :dude:

Last edited:

Latest Threads