November 2020 BTOTM

Orange Lester

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
This months double jam track coupon days.. LOL. Post em when you record em!

Track #1 - November A Slow Blues in A Minor (43 BBM)
https://soundcloud.com/jay-ellisor%2Fblues-backing-in-am
Track #2 - A rocker... also in A Minor, 140 bpm
https://soundcloud.com/jay-ellisor%2Frock-backing-track-a-minor
Here is the BTOM mantra:

If this is your first time, here are the guidelines.

What is it?
Every month I'll post a new backing track. It can be from any genre.
Download the track and record a solo over it.
Post your solo here along with what gear you used, recording equipment, and effects added. The more description you give the better.
I'm going to try and keep the backing tracks to under 2 minutes. Anything more is too daunting. Feel free to shorten it even more.
Try to get your recording in by the 3rd week of the month. We'll start over each month.
I'll take ideas on backing tracks so if you have a request, let me know.

Why do this?
Because it'll be fun!
I think this will be a great way to share ideas and see how each other interpret a piece differently. It will also be a good way to share recording techniques and receive overall feedback on our playing if we desire it.
This is NOT a competition!!!
Majority of people on here post great feedback in a helpful constructive way.

"But Bluto I'm scared!!!"
Look, I get it. Many of us are insecure about posting any of our own playing online. This is a safe place. I'm no guitar god. Keep it fun and I bet you'll learn a thing or two. If you're still unsure, read this: The Man In The Arena. Don't be that cold timid soul.

-peace

Last edited:

altoricky

Reaction score
I hink you're doing a great job keeping this thread going. How about something a bit more up tempo, maybe something with a Lain groove?

LeftyF2003

Reaction score
I'm rusty with no gigs happening, but I might take a stab at it. Might shame me into practicing more ;-)

My vote would be blues or fusion (because I'm old) - lol

monstruo_loco

Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m still new to the forum and haven’t yet listened to anything yet, but I always love a pretty slow blues backing track with enough time to stretch out & try to come up with something new although I’m guessing there’s probably a lot of that already if I do my homework, but for me that’s what I like best along with more uptempo things with solos that I can harmonize with, just a few thoughts off of the top of my head.

catstrat

Reaction score
Ill commit to doing a take this month, kudos to you Orange Lester for keeping this going.

One suggestion - include the bpm in the post and crop the track so it starts on click. Makes it easier for some to find their footing.

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll try and stay more productive....

My dad passed away two years ago and we have finally got his house in order to start renting.....I had to go through some memories and decide what stays and what goes......still aint done.

But I look foreword with some blues in D or C

Or whatever you guys pick !!

Orange Lester

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Im going to record the SLow Blues with my often neglected Strat. Probably going to have a go on the Gretsch as well. Keep em coming!

gadafi

Reaction score
Lots of fluff room on the fast one ;)

Still getting around to listening to the rest of last months efforts fella's been caught up with other stuff of late. Hope to try the slower track later have to delete old stuff on SC run out of space. cheers.

Frankenstrat/GK3 pup > GP10 Rat patch > VS20 > Reaper

https://soundcloud.com/hippy-club%2Fmlp-btotm-november-2020

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score

Latest Threads