Not sure if you'll see more or less of me....

Oldskoolrob

Reaction score
My girl convinced me to travel back in time by about 14 years.

We've been together 8 years and have three teenage boys between us (2 mine, 1 hers all from previous relationships). When we got together we had no intentions of having more kids, but I guess I'm so awesome she couldn't resist lol. Long story short after about 3 years of negotiation I gave in about 9 months ago. I had to have surgery and there was an 8% chance of success. Looks like it was meant to be! I'm actually looking forwards to going back to day one with midnight feeds and nappy changes. Call me strange but I'm looking forwards to having some innocence around the house and new life (it's been a rough 18 months with 4 deaths in the family). So as she gets close to her due date and I take leave from work I wonder if I'll be on here much more, or much less. Wish me luck, it's been awhile since I've done this......

Scooter2112

Reaction score
Awesome, Rob! You've been down this road before, so you know what to expect at this point. You got this!
Hoping for good health and happiness for all involved. :cheers2:

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
Congrats man!

I can tell you it has its good side and bad side, but the good definitely outweighs the bad.

My wife and I took on more children when I was 46 and 48!

Children keep you young, and your natural instincts and previous experience mean you'll handle the day to day stuff with ease. Heck, you'll grin (laugh out loud) at all the newb parents fussing over their babies... you'll make it look easy. But there will be the tiredness and exhaustion, it just won't come as so much of a shock and I'm predicting that you and missus OSR will be better at divvying up the duties and sharing the sleep time. We certainly did.

The costs is probably going to come as a shock. The little buggers always have their hand in your pocket. My children;'s first words were "Dad pays"...! Good thing is that only lasts about 25-30 years, and then it starts easing off a bit.

Let me know if you need any tips.

cheers

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Same here. Provides an immense sense of purpose, not to mention the responsibility that goes with that.
As I mentioned in another thread, I just spent two long days cleaning up 2 years of filth in my son's frat house. I had a great time. It was gross, but I got to spend three full days (driving to school was day 1) with my son and that was great.

THDNUT

Reaction score
Congrats Rob!

We don't need to see more or less of you, I just hope we see at least the same amount of you. :laugh2:

Your input is always valued here!