Not so "Plain" tops.

Red Baron

Reaction score
Ive been GAS'n for one of those R8's plain tops (and bursts, or any Les Paul for that matter)that have some sexy light flame to them, those are probably the most beautiful guitars IMHO, especially if they have great grain to them, lets see some:photos:

If its of any interest to you, there's a really nice 2009 R8 with subtle flame currently for sale in the members classifieds.

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/member-classifieds/48990-fs-2009-gibson-1958-historic-vos-les-paul-faded-tobacco.html#post888394

NXC1978

Reaction score
Of course they do. :)

Never get tired of showing my R8. :D

desktop900.jpg

Love the color!!!:dude:

Tele Jr.

Reaction score
My '07 R4 was sold as a plain top...

47008-Desk.jpg

47008a.jpg

47008b.jpg

47008c.jpg

Subtle figure but it hits me like a ton of bricks!

LongBeach

Reaction score
08 R0. no flame, all subtle grain (and one skid mark)
IMG_0369.jpg

lewddude

Reaction score
My '07 R4 was sold as a plain top...

47008-Desk.jpg

47008a.jpg

47008b.jpg

47008c.jpg

Subtle figure but it hits me like a ton of bricks!

DUDE! That has got to be the PERFECT R4! If you ever decide to part with it (I am sure you won't) Give me a shout. That wood gave me some serious wood! LOL :thumb:

Texas07R8

Reaction score
All right, I'll play your silly little game.My G0 for your viewing pleasure!

ashleyscamera022.jpg

ashleyscamera011.jpg

Man that is one pretty guitar. I don't know that I've seen one just that color, maybe the lighting was just right but I really dig it.

Congrats on scoring that one. I'm building a 58 kit now and am considering that faded burst scheme like yours, maybe a tad darker in the outer burst but that's pretty damn close to what I wanted.

I have a set of reflectors laying around here for another project and when I saw those reflectors on yours it looked like a nice vintage 1960 burst.

I'm like, man that's frikkin sweet looking and I have a set so who knows you may have just changed my mind about putting Fatboy aged 59 style knobs and going with those reflectors damnit!

NXC1978

Reaction score
I have a set of reflectors laying around here for another project and when I saw those reflectors on yours it looked like a nice vintage 1960 burst.

I'm like, man that's frikkin sweet looking and I have a set so who knows you may have just changed my mind about putting Fatboy aged 59 style knobs and going with those reflectors damnit!

Agreed, I don't know if it's the color or what, but those reflectors look great on that guitar.

DenimDemon

Reaction score
man, i cant believe i sold that one :(

Honestly, me neither, but I'm so glad you did. Trust me, she's getting plenty of love and she's contributed heavily to the epidemic of melted faces that seem to be happening at my band's shows of late:

l_5d83b261b2544ddbbeef5bb7cfe5aca0.jpg

-Mike

CzarIvan

Reaction score
Honestly, me neither, but I'm so glad you did. Trust me, she's getting plenty of love and she's contributed heavily to the epidemic of melted faces that seem to be happening at my band's shows of late:

l_5d83b261b2544ddbbeef5bb7cfe5aca0.jpg

-Mike

man, i'm glad she's out there melting faces. if she ever needs to melt faces in NorCal again, you know where to find me :slash:

Tele Jr.

Reaction score
DUDE! That has got to be the PERFECT R4! If you ever decide to part with it (I am sure you won't) Give me a shout. That wood gave me some serious wood! LOL :thumb:

'Lude,

I'm glad you like it, This R4 seems to be responsible for fueling quite a bit of R4 gas...

Sorry but you'll have to take a number, there's already a long line of people who have asked for it, K is 1st in line followed by many others.

In fact I get so many offers that on some forums with a lot of hawks I usually add that it's not for sale whenever I post a pic. And truth be told the thing is way cooler in person than in any of the photo's I've been able to take.

Perfect R4? If there is such a thing as a perfect R4 or a so called ultimate historic this one certainly represents that kind of a masterpiece to me.

I have often thought that whoever the master builder was who selected the woods for this one and put it together must have known it was going to be a special R4.

Latest Threads