Not so New, from Argentina!

Big Bombo Mamma

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

First of all, sorry for my English.

I've been a member for a couple of years, and I visit the forum almost every day... I'm learning from all of you.

I play guitar since I was sixteen, but never intended to be a proper musician. Now it's my escape from the daily routine of my day job.

I live in Argentina, and to make it harder, I'm left handed. Here it's almost impossible to get a nice left handed instrument. Either they are ridiculously expensive, or there is no offer at all. So all my learning curve was with cheap, heavy, modified guitars.

Back in 2017 I decided to buy my dream guitar: a Gibson Les Paul.

So thanks to this forum I learned about Sweetwater, and taking advantage of a trip to the US, I finally got it (a beautiful Les Paul Trad HP 2017)

0B861E2F-4163-4429-A07F-E7BE170FC69F.jpg

I´ll try to be more active from now on, but honestly everyone here is so educated on the matter that I think sometimes it is better to learn and be silent.

Sorry in advance for any dumb question I may ask.

So, this is my introduction... Thank you all for all the knowledge you pour here!!

NotScott

Reaction score
Welcome and your English is fine. Where in Argentina are you from? I have been to Buenos Aires and Mendoza and have friends in Cordoba. It is a beautiful country with fantastic food, wine and women. :naughty:

Big Bombo Mamma

Reaction score
Welcome and your English is fine. Where in Argentina are you from? I have been to Buenos Aires and Mendoza and have friends in Cordoba. It is a beautiful country with fantastic food, wine and women. :naughty:
I’m from Buenos Aires! Did your friends in Cordoba show you the “Fernet con Coca” drink?

DarrellV

What's up, Doc?
Reaction score
Another :welcome: and please, don't be shy!

Your English is fine, and everyone I've talked to in here will help if they can.

I avoided a lot of stuff when I started because I figured everyone in here was a rock star working musician. I'm not.

Since then I have found that there a lot of other weekend musicians and bedroom players in here as well.. I have never yet experienced any kind of talking down to or ridicule for my lack of knowledge or amateur playing.

What is true in life is true in here too... there will always be some better than you, and always some worse than you when it comes to playing ability...

But for the most part this is a great group of people from all over the globe... We hope you'll join us! :cheers:

Big Bombo Mamma

Reaction score
Another :welcome: and please, don't be shy!

Your English is fine, and everyone I've talked to in here will help if they can.

I avoided a lot of stuff when I started because I figured everyone in here was a rock star working musician. I'm not.

Since then I have found that there a lot of other weekend musicians and bedroom players in here as well.. I have never yet experienced any kind of talking down to or ridicule for my lack of knowledge or amateur playing.

What is true in life is true in here too... there will always be some better than you, and always some worse than you when it comes to playing ability...

But for the most part this is a great group of people from all over the globe... We hope you'll join us! :cheers:
thanks man!! I think we all have the same thing in common... what those notes generates for us... whether they are played in the bedroom, or in a gig full of people... and the love we have for our instrument.

NotScott

Reaction score
I’m from Buenos Aires! Did your friends in Cordoba show you the “Fernet con Coca” drink?
Yes but I didn't care for it. I preferred mate and terere.

When I was in BA they took me to a pizza place called El Cuartito. The place was packed and they only had one waiter. He didn't write anything down. He memorized every order and I din't see him make a single mistake. In all of my life, I have never had a pizza with so much cheese! It was great!

Latest Threads