Not a "Les Paul" style, but possibly the best single-cut I've owned

Vintage55

Reaction score
This beautiful jewel arrived day before yesterday. A Chapman ML2 Pro in Azure Blue. It's absolutely fantastic.

A rundown of what she is...and some pics...

This guitar is certainly not the most expensive or high end model I've ever owned, but I would put it up at the top with any of those that cost more, like Gibson Les Pauls, which as a singlecut design, it resembles.
A run down of what you get beyond what I see as a absolutely beautiful guitar. Mahogany body with flamed maple veneer top, and what is most likely the arched maple cap revealed as binding on the top. Very unusual coloring to the flame top. Satin finish front and back. Roasted maple set-through neck, for fantastic access to the upper frets. An ebony fretboard with rolled edges and 24 stainless steel jumbo frets. Graph Tech TUSQ XL nut. Hipshot Grip-Lock tuners. C shape neck profile with dual action truss rod. 25.5" scale length. A fantastic feeling neck, it is....plays great. Seymour Duncan Sentient humbucker in the neck and Seymour Duncan Pegasus in the bridge position. Coil Split for both. Chapman strap locks. String through design. And the body is thin, for a guitar that is certainly under 8 lbs. Made in Korea. Only the second guitar I've ever purchased new (out of at least 100) that needed nothing done to the action or intonation right out of the box. Action is personal preference, but intonation is not. Someone put time into this guitar after it was completed. The other was a Chapman too. I love it. I have 3 PRS SE models, after owning a couple US models that never seemed just right to me. This guitar outshines them all, though they are good guitars too. The closest to this for me and also getting that Oh My God! reaction is a Charvel PRO-MOD SO-CAL STYLE 2 24 HH HT CM, which is a telecaster style with Fishman Fluence pickups and probably the best neck I've ever wrapped my left hand around. I think they snuck some magic into that neck.

cmjohnson

Reaction score
Seems like you got your money's worth. Sounds like a very good guitar. I like it. Not really a fan of satin finishes, I'm a full gloss or go home kind of guy, but otherwise....I could see myself buying one if I needed another LP style guitar in my collection.

Now is it available in a bluer shade of blue?

Vintage55

Reaction score
Seems like you got your money's worth. Sounds like a very good guitar. I like it. Not really a fan of satin finishes, I'm a full gloss or go home kind of guy, but otherwise....I could see myself buying one if I needed another LP style guitar in my collection.

Now is it available in a bluer shade of blue?
I'm the opposite when it comes to finishes. The really prefer satin. The other color currently is black. I'd bet there will be more color choices eventually...this guitar is very new. I got this from AMS in the US. Anderton's has them, but Thomann does not yet.
ML2 Pro.jpg

Latest Threads