Not a bad top for a ...

none2low

Reaction score
... 2021 Les Paul Tribute in Tobacco Burst

Resized_20211207_144618.jpeg

Received this a few months back for my b-day from the wife.

Had some bad QC issues that needed to be addressed, but sounded great so I went all in. Pulled the circuit board and put in a new harness with 500k Audio taper pots and PIO caps. Swapped the stock bridge and tailpiece for a Philadelphia luthier ABR-1 and stop tail with conversion posts, PL Gold reflector knobs and pointers, Mojotone '59 Clone Pickups.

Done for now, but may add tall pickups rings and non-beveled pickguard in the future.

Curious if anyone else has a tribute with flame?

integra evan

Reaction score
Nice!

Tributes have some nice tops. There are some stunning plain tops I've seen on Tributes.

elephantrider

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
fantastic and understated top. that's one of my favorite finishes. looks awesome!

none2low

Reaction score
Gotta agree on both counts!! Only problem is I'm out of room for guitars, and they just don't make jewelry big enough. Think one of us might make out better in the long run. :rofl:

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Nice, congrats, those are some nice flames. That is definitely a tear drop top. :thumb:

none2low

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!!

Gotta say for anyone on the fence about the Tributes being a real Les Paul, they hold up very well against the higher priced models. Yes, I did make some upgrades to mine, but that had to do with what I wanted out of it, verses any particular shortcomings of the stock setup.

integra evan

Reaction score
Gotta say for anyone on the fence about the Tributes being a real Les Paul, they hold up very well against the higher priced models.
That's because it IS a real Les Paul! And sometimes less is more. I've played a lot of great Tributes. Kind of thinking about buying a husk from stratosphere and building it up.

none2low

Reaction score
That's because it IS a real Les Paul! And sometimes less is more. I've played a lot of great Tributes. Kind of thinking about buying a husk from stratosphere and building it up.

anyone knocking a tribute hasn't spent the night with one.

Couldn't agree more, however some people have the impression that because it doesn't have binding, has a satin finish, maple neck and is weight relieved that somehow it won't be as good as it's bigger brothers, but this is absolutely not the case.

If you can grab a husk for a decent price I'd go for it. One can never have to many guitars.

redcoats1976

Reaction score
was thinking about selling off a few including my tribute to get a highly flamed standard i saw a couple of weeks ago.after playing it last night it wont be going anywhere.

Latest Threads