NOS Peerless!

BadPenguin

Reaction score
Ok, long story short, went for a day trip with my wife down to Orlando. Searched the pawn and vintage shops. Found nothing of interest with the exception of a 49 Gibson Super 400 with 62 Humbuckers added. God, what a guitar but WELL above my pay grade and talent. On the way back home, stopped in Daytona, and found this beast in a pawn shop. A 2013 NOS Peerless Tonemaster Player. Of course it HAD to come home with me!
GEDC1492.JPG

GEDC1489.JPG

GEDC1490.JPG

GEDC1488.JPG

Despite looking like a Gretsch, it plays, well, like itself. She's a biggun, with a 16" lower bout and 3" thick. Completely hollow, and a REAL Bigsby and bone nut stock. Ok, I don't get the rosewood bridge on her, and the bridge pickup is a bit on the thin side for my ears, but oh God, she sings! That neck pickup is slightly dark, slightly muddy in a good way, and blends wonderfully with the bridge. And the neck is this nice C shape that fits the hand well for chording. The price for this top notch bit of Korean goodness? About $450 with tax!

Last edited:

Goober

Reaction score
Ok, long story short, went for a day trip with my wife down to Orlando. Searched the pawn and vintage shops. Found nothing of interest with the exception of a 49 Gibson Super 400 with 62 Humbuckers added. God, what a guitar but WELL above my pay grade and talent. On the way back home, stopped in Daytona, and found this beast in a pawn shop. A 2013 NOS Peerless Tonemaster Player. Of course it HAD to come home with me!
View attachment 511116
View attachment 511117
View attachment 511118
View attachment 511119

Despite looking like a Gretsch, it plays, well, like itself. She's a biggun, with a 16" lower bout and 3" thick. Completely hollow, and a REAL Bigsby and bone nut stock. Ok, I don't get the rosewood bridge on her, and the bridge pickup is a bit on the thin side for my ears, but oh God, she sings! That neck pickup is slightly dark, slightly muddy in a good way, and blends wonderfully with the bridge. And the neck is this nice C shape that fits the hand well for chording. The price for this top notch bit of Korean goodness? About $450 with tax!
450 is amazing for that guitar. It looks great.

Latest Threads