Norm Macdonald asked to leave Tonight Show

cybermgk

“Happiness is the most insidious prison of all"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Further proof that the Uber offended and SJWs need to be eliminated from the gene pool. And quickly.
Disagree. People catering to their every whim needs to be eradicated, entities that bend over to every small outcry of offense is the problem. I suspect there has always been whiners. Granted, I think they are more easily heard today. What has fundamentally changed is the reactions across the board to every single whiner.

cybermgk

Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
If it was part of an act, then mostly I think they can get away with non-PC comments ... or have in the past. But this was an interview, not his act. I guess if personalities ever are not doing at least some of their act. :dunno:
C'MON. When has a comedian not infused their act in an interview? They use the platform as a means to advertise their act.

LPMarshall Hack

Reaction score
Disagree. People catering to their every whim needs to be eradicated, entities that bend over to every small outcry of offense is the problem. I suspect there has always been whiners. Granted, I think they are more easily heard today. What has fundamentally changed is the reactions across the board to every single whiner.
Agree also

CRobbins

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
13axLHb.gif

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
C'MON. When has a comedian not infused their act in an interview? They use the platform as a means to advertise their act.
I agree. He could have used the words "You'd have to be slow to not feel sorry for..." but why would he choose "Down's Syndrome"? I think it's precisely because it is so politically incorrect....not because he is insensitive to actual people with Down's Syndrome.

cybermgk

Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I agree. He could have used the words "You'd have to be slow to not feel sorry for..." but why would he choose "Down's Syndrome"? I think it's precisely because it is so politically incorrect....not because he is insensitive to actual people with Down's Syndrome.
Yep, something he has always done in his act.

Olds442

Reaction score
Yep. He was fired from SNL because the NBC brass didn't like him calling OJ a murderer. I'm not making that up.
"As the story goes, NBC executive and longtime Simpson friend Don Ohlmeyer canned both Macdonald and writer Jim Downey for their relentlessly brutal treatment of the acquitted football star."

yep, i remember that vividly. always knew he got shafted by NBC.

Crotch

Mega Pints
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Norm was fired over OJ cause Ohlmeyer was friends with OJ.
The first joke is the best.

The thing that made me post this is that this is the same network that bent over backwards to bury stories of Weinstein and Lauer.

This is still my favorite Norm story.

MikeyTheCat

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it seems he stuck his other foot in there too. :laugh2:

He really needs a delay, review, and edit added between his brain and his mouth. I probably shouldn't throw stones. :dunno:

"..."You'd have to have Down syndrome to not feel sorry for..." ... It is disheartening that yet again we need to remind a public figure to show respect for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities"

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...rn-i-never-defended-roseanne-louis-ck-1142604

There aren’t any delays anymore. You can be butt hurt and let everyone know about it before the butt hurt even gets to your brain.
Life with the interwebs!

MikeyTheCat

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Comedians are the canaries in the ideological coalmine. When you see them being censored we're in big fucking trouble.

This comment surprises me coming from you rcole....a comedians words are always designed to push buttons. It's better than the alternative. See above.

What’s surprising is where the censorship is coming from. If the far right and far left go far enough they’ll circle around, meet up and realize they, along with the Taliban, want the same things and who knows where we go from there.

Crotch

Mega Pints
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suggest that if people are offended by comedians now, never go see Anthony Jesilnek (probably my favorite comedian)

"They" tried to come after him on twitter by posting old tweets and shit like they have with a bunch of Hollywood people and he basically told everyone to fuck off and deal with it, and even doubled down on some old jokes and it went away in a day. That's what happens though. These "people" who are oversensitive are also giant pussies. So if you fight back a little they move on to the next host to leach off of.

Reminded me a lot of this:

Latest Threads