Norlin Hunter.....

Kris Ford

Reaction score
Brother Kris has the perfect switchring for that, in your choice of "Smokey Yeller" or "Cream and Clean, with faded letters"..your choice, on ME.:cool:

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
Thank you!!

Pics are a little misleading...the volute is very small and this guitar is LIGHT compared to my other Norlins.

GT there are no circles in my 76 Black beauty, I wonder if it is more of a "burst thing"??...they are not as pronounced in person as the pic makes them out to be.

Have FUN

Reaction score
Well, this is a Les Paul with a nice plain top and a multi pièces neck .

Kris Ford

Reaction score
Thank you!!

Pics are a little misleading...the volute is very small and this guitar is LIGHT compared to my other Norlins.

GT there are no circles in my 76 Black beauty, I wonder if it is more of a "burst thing"??...they are not as pronounced in person as the pic makes them out to be.

REALLY diggin' the flamey neck!
I'll have to check my SN#..
Mine is light too!
9.29 pounds.

Z2112

Reaction score
Whoa.. the back of the neck is real nice. Looks like nice n smooth finish also. How do those pickups sound ?? Um....You do still need that Tele !!!...8>)

69 Goldtop

Reaction score
Just wondering about another dating method w/o
obvious signs.
Heres my 76.
Standard Wine red. With exposed wire channel

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
and they look about the same size....wonder if there was an inspection sticker etc??

stripes in some/circles in others.....aliens?

By the time I got her cleaned up and strings on, it was almost 11PM...plugged he into the little solid state practice cupe and played a total of 2-3 minutes to check everything.

But first impression was that classic late 70's crunch that came with the SD's...big and ballsy.

The coil tap really seemed to clean the neck pup up a lot, but remember, I play 99.8% chords so that is not like you guys interpretation.

Going to really put her through some paces today.

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
I have really always admired the color on Vasco's Les Paul....and to me this comes close to the same scheme.

deejaid

Reaction score
Wow, my birthyear guitar that looks just like Ace's. That is probably my dream guitar. That is nice Hardcore. Very cool find. Looks perfect with the cream rings.

SixGunLives

Reaction score
Congradulations HC , You scored. Im still alive, been through hell. I believe the round circles are from the red and gold embossed Gibson labels they used in the late 60s mid 70s , I have a couple and will measure them and take photos of them to post. No computer right now, cell phone. THE STICKERS have gummed backs like a postage stamp, so they come off easy. Measure the circle and i will check my stickers. Im still healing guys so bear with me. Best Six. And Six Gun is the name of my R9 AND IT SHOOTS CHORDS!

SixGunLives

Reaction score
Unreal, whats it weight?

Did you measure the pups?

Pancake?

Great find, many more out there still to be found.

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
I have not weighed it but it is light compared to my others....

I have not checked the resistance on the pups....but will....being super's it will be up there.

It is a pancake body....

Glad you are getting better, were you here before under another handle?

69 Goldtop

Reaction score
Circles might be something to rest guitar on while painting.

pgeddes

Reaction score
Nice piece man. Looks in great shape. Congrats on the score!

kakao

Reaction score
Congrats on the lovely guitar.
How do you like the sound (I bet it sounds great .. it doesn't have to weigh a ton to have a good sustain)!

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
Really great so far....only had it plugged in 10 min. total though...busy, busy week.

it is very loud acoustically/unplugged though....I have spent about 1/2 an hour with it unplugged.

Pappy58

Reaction score
Very nice score! Nashville/Maple it appears?. Very similar to my 75 Deluxe sans the finish and mini's. congrats! :applause:

Latest Threads