Norlin Birds-eye maple neck?

mudface

Non-Deadbeat/Non-Prominent
Reaction score
It has that appearance,.... if that neck gets refretted and that fretboard sanded and refinished,... that would be quite attractive.

Is that a L6?

Last edited:

mudface

Non-Deadbeat/Non-Prominent
Reaction score
A bass player friend I know has Maple fretboard Grabber bass that is very figured,... but not Birdseye.

DarrellV

just Livin' the Dream....
Premium Member
Reaction score
They look more like finger wear marks to me.... Sorry to be the killjoy.

I had a USA Jackson with a birdseye maple neck..
You will know, its obvious! :laugh2:

P4242226a.jpg

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
some of them do to me....but not down on the body end of the neck....I think it is birds-eye.

i have a G&L tele that has the back of the neck just like your pic.

I really think in this pic, you can tell....I was surprised by it, I have seen it on fenders etc. but not Gibby's

kakerlak

Reaction score
Birdseye for sure, but keep in mind the fretboard is a separate piece of maple on these, so no guarantees the back has any figure (in fact, it probably doesn't). Still cool, though! Marauders are fun.

DarrellV

just Livin' the Dream....
Premium Member
Reaction score
Birdseye for sure, but keep in mind the fretboard is a separate piece of maple on these, so no guarantees the back has any figure (in fact, it probably doesn't). Still cool, though! Marauders are fun.
Ahh yes! The fingerboard!

The back didn't look it, but I see it now! Thanks!

Last edited:

bblooz

Reaction score
Even if the neck was one-piece, wood grain can vary greatly on one side vs. the other. Just look at some of the highly-figured tops - the flames can be pronounced in the center, then fade to non-existent on the edges. The tops are thinner that a neck too!

XpensiveWino

Reaction score
Hmm, I looked at that earlier today (online) and didn't catch the fingerboard. Now that you mention it, I don't know how I missed it. I've got Ric getting refurb'd as we speak, or I'd be interested in checking it out more closely. You gonna make a play on it?

XpensiveWino

Reaction score
I'd agree, not all that far off from asking, and it's been up for a long time. Only if you got GAS for it. At the end of the day it's still a Marauder.

moreles

Reaction score
It's birdseye. Not everywhere, but a fair amount, and it would look great reconditioned.