Non-Stick Frying Pan

Roxy13

Reaction score
I can't help you. Lifelong bird owner. My mother and I both use stainless steel as it's the only bird safe cookware.

I never have issues with stuff sticking. Maybe a little but throw it in the sink in hot, soapy water and it will come right off.

mudface

Shaw Bucker
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't help you. Lifelong bird owner. My mother and I both use stainless steel as it's the only bird safe cookware.

I never have issues with stuff sticking. Maybe a little but throw it in the sink in hot, soapy water and it will come right off.
I like stainless myself... I have my sauce pans that are great.... but I’m easy to please.

Thanksgiving went without any hiccups and all’s well.

I try my best to lessen the stress,.. and if I can provide the proper tools and help I can avoid the likelihood of 20 pound bird upside the head... I have extended my life.

DotStudio

Reaction score
This is the one I settled on. Similar to the Le Creuset mentioned earlier. Pricey, but worth it in my experience. Not quite as finicky as normal cast iron (again, in my experience).

Screenshot_20221124_191159_Chrome.jpg

**I still keep a normal non-stick around for the wife because "it's too heavy."

WaywerdSon

Reaction score
FYI for anyone interested -

Apparently Hexclad is running a sale. I have had like 5 ads pop up on FB since I read this thread. I had never had a ad for them before. Terrifying

PeteK

Reaction score

This may be a stupid question, but what does cookware have to do with owning birds?

THDNUT

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess birds like to scratch off the teflon coating?

Leee

Extremism in defense of Liberty is no vice
Reaction score
Unless…
You are cooking them…

And I don’t think that’s where this was going.

:rofl:

With their sharp beaks, I can see were feeding them out of something coated with PTFE might be a problem.

Roxy13

Reaction score

rogue3

Reaction score
I have a couple (sizes) Kitchen Aid cast iron Dutch ovens, with non- stick coating. I use them for the slow cook...6-7 hours, low temp. @ 220. meat + vegetables. BUT always coat the surface with some oil to start on non-stick, even though...i use a little butter with olive oil. Helps protect the surface, but cleans easily in the end. Even non-stick gets its own coating after time when used this way...it's all good.
I have stainless 18/10, all pots.
I bought a really nice 6 liter stainless soup pot recently on sale, incredible price...MADE IN CANADA. seriously!:rofl:
I also have one Creuset copy cast iron enamel 5 liter...works great for the slow cook, and you can braise @ medium with it before reclining to a lower temp for a longer cooking time.

I like getting the slow cook thing going, with all seasoning ... for hours it fills the house with a nice aroma and the anticipation of a great meal @ the end. Cast iron is great for this. Non-stick works for me at the end, easy clean up, i don't scrub, just light soap wand water, wipe clean. Always a little residual over time, coats the inside. I like.

mudface

Shaw Bucker
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
But, was it the fumes or that you cooked them in the pans?
Most chickens come to their demise from their head separating from their bodies.... long before the frying pan....and burning feathers stink pretty bad.

But I have been wrong before.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Most chickens come to their demise from their head separating from their bodies.... long before the frying pan....and burning feathers stink pretty bad.

I know, but I wasn't sure what to make of his post.

Most people don't have 175 chickens in their house either nor their stove in the barn :rofl:

six-string

Reaction score
I have a 10 inch Le Creuset enameled cast iron fry pan that I inherited from my parent's estate. I remember it from when I was a little kid, so it's pretty old now. Works like a charm.

Have also owned many 'non-stick' pans, but as mentioned by others, my wife insists on using metal tools (no matter how many wooden, plastic, or others I buy) that destroy the non-stick coating and render the pans into trash. She also likes to 'overheat' when cooking and this often chars the food onto the bottom of the pan. She has earned the moniker "Chef Burns".

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I don't use non-stick pots & pans. Ugh! I put enough bad shit in my body without cooking bad shit into my food. They are all crap. Even the better ones are crap. Learn how to cook.

We only use AllClad copper core, stainless steel pots & pans, along with a LeCreuset cast pan & dutch oven for certain things.

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
I don't use non-stick pots & pans. Ugh! I put enough bad shit in my body without cooking bad shit into my food. They are all crap. Even the better ones are crap. Learn how to cook.

We only use AllClad copper core, stainless steel pots & pans, along with a LeCreuset cast pan & dutch oven for certain things.
My main workhorses for all cooking are:
Lodge cast iron grill pan. - great for steaks, burgers, and chicken breasts
All-Clad stainless pans - I have 3 and they get used all the time. Great for making sauces too.
Matfer Bourgeat Carbon steel - burgers, chicken, steaks.
Staub 4qt dutch oven - used for pasta and stews.
2 non stick pans for eggs mainly. Wife likes non stick pans, whereas I use the others.
2 stainless sauce pans, 3/4 qt. Used for potatoes, red sauces, mac & cheese

Latest Threads