NOGD 78 Iceman

Daniel.S

Reaction score
Arrived a few days ago a 1978 Ibanez Iceman.
Basically all original apart the strap buttons and truss rod cover.
I spent most of the arvo yesterday polishing all the chrome, waxing the body and then setting it up.
The only photo I have at the moment. :)

Daniel.S

Reaction score
Far out! Always liked that model.
I always loved the look of this particular one, but had no idea what it was called!
So it’s a IC100 Iceman. First year they called it an Iceman and not an artist 2662 or whatever it was.

Liquid State

Reaction score
That looks great. I have always longed for an original Iceman or a PS10. I have a mid-90's IC400, but it's nothing like those made in Japan originals

Daniel.S

Reaction score
That looks great. I have always longed for an original Iceman or a PS10. I have a mid-90's IC400, but it's nothing like those made in Japan originals
The originals are awesome man! I’ve got a 2005? IC400 and it is nothing compared to this!

Flying Fingers! Beautiful guitar!
Yeah man! These pickups are bonkers! No wonder why they’re so expensive.
Thanks!

Niloy63

Reaction score
Awesome guitar, man!!!

I remember the first time I saw an Iceman was back in high school (~2001) when I saw my first proper live show: System of a Down. I thought it was badass and wanted one. Went with an RG570 instead (which I still have), and I don't know why.

Hmmm, did you just give me..................... GAS?!?! :facepalm:

Last edited:

Daniel.S

Reaction score
Awesome guitar, man!!!

I remember the first time I saw an Iceman was back in high school (~2001) when I saw my first proper live show: System of a Down. I thought it was badass and wanted one. Went with an RG570 instead (which I still have), and I don't know why.

Hmmm, did you just give me..................... GAS?!?! :facepalm:
Thanks! I just googled that RG you have and it looks awesome!
I think you should get an Iceman if you want one though. ;)
I just looked on Reverb for you and there’s a 1981 IC50 for sale. Made in Japan and has that perfect bridge for intonation.

Niloy63

Reaction score
Thanks! I just googled that RG you have and it looks awesome!
I think you should get an Iceman if you want one though. ;)
I just looked on Reverb for you and there’s a 1981 IC50 for sale. Made in Japan and has that perfect bridge for intonation.
I appreciate you doing that bro! I think I will. I just got a brand new guitar a couple weeks ago, so I think I have to have a mandatory "step back" phase. Once that's over, I'll keep an eye out. I need an ES-335, though. So somehow, I'll have to figure out which one of those will come first. BTW... those bridges look so cool! Looks like you could achieve perfection in terms of intonation with the kind of distance to play with. I bet you have to keep the tailpiece kind of high to avoid the strings touching the back of the bridge, right?

PS - your guitar looks SICK!

Daniel.S

Reaction score
I appreciate you doing that bro! I think I will. I just got a brand new guitar a couple weeks ago, so I think I have to have a mandatory "step back" phase. Once that's over, I'll keep an eye out. I need an ES-335, though. So somehow, I'll have to figure out which one of those will come first. BTW... those bridges look so cool! Looks like you could achieve perfection in terms of intonation with the kind of distance to play with. I bet you have to keep the tailpiece kind of high to avoid the strings touching the back of the bridge, right?

PS - your guitar looks SICK!

Ah ok! Give it a few weeks until you get another.
No, the tailpiece is all the way down, not because it helps sustain or, but because I can.
These things were made properly so the action is super low.
I should have taken a photo of the Nashville bridge on my Les Paul to compare it to the Iceman one.

Niloy63

Reaction score
Ah ok! Give it a few weeks until you get another.
Words from a wise man! I agree, otherwise, my wallet is gonna kick my own a**!

No, the tailpiece is all the way down, not because it helps sustain or, but because I can.
These things were made properly so the action is super low.
I should have taken a photo of the Nashville bridge on my Les Paul to compare it to the Iceman one.
It looks hella functional and rowdy, as well. I'm very interested! I'm glad to hear it gives you awesome usable action. I'm gonna look for into that bridge/TP.

Daniel.S

Reaction score
Words from a wise man! I agree, otherwise, my wallet is gonna kick my own a**!

It looks hella functional and rowdy, as well. I'm very interested! I'm glad to hear it gives you awesome usable action. I'm gonna look for into that bridge/TP.
The bridge also has a nut on each side to lock it from going anywhere for when you change your strings.

Niloy63

Reaction score
The bridge also has a nut on each side to lock it from going anywhere for when you change your strings.
Thank goodness. I wish Gibson would implement that shi*t already on their bridges and tailpieces!!!!! :mad2:

Last edited:

space

Reaction score
I had 1
1 of very few guitars i regret selling
The neck was fantastic
Mine was an IC200
539.JPG

Latest Threads