NOGD 1956 Gibson ES-225T

questionman

Reaction score
I am sure I can bring the tuners back, thanks for the tips Charlie!

I do want to swap them out for something mentally a little more durable - where I am not going "dont break these" every time I tune it. Obviously I am keeping the originals

A few more days in, still a happy guy! The tones out of this single P90 are monstrous, the neck is like the perfect shape. Does need a setup, the action on the upper frets is too high but that is an easy fix

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
If that were in my hands, the last thing that would cross my mind is another pickup.
That's got all the pickup it needs.
What a wonderful piece!!!!!

charlie chitlins

Reaction score
I am sure I can bring the tuners back, thanks for the tips Charlie!

I do want to swap them out for something mentally a little more durable - where I am not going "dont break these" every time I tune it. Obviously I am keeping the originals

A few more days in, still a happy guy! The tones out of this single P90 are monstrous, the neck is like the perfect shape. Does need a setup, the action on the upper frets is too high but that is an easy fix
Yeah...maybe a similar vintage Lester would feel the same...it's been many years since I've held one...but the neck on my 225 is just so perfect.

Daniel.S

Reaction score
I used Deoxit Fader on my “79 custom as they were mega stiff. Now they turn perfectly.